Dos Amigos by bigcreekdad

well,  it's nice to see that they supplied different size dead eyes for the upper steps of the masts.   I've had kits that only supplied one size.....makes for a rather wonky model ;)   glad you weren't offended and read it the way I meant it.   I'm by far no expert either,  and I agree that there are others far better to learn from.       glad to know that your enjoying the hobby.   in my younger days,  I'd see these kits in the store and shy away,  thinking I could never do something that looked so demanding.  now that I've completed a few models,  I feel silly now,  finding out what I really should have worried about,  was the terminology of the parts  :D         keep up the good work.........your doing great!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...

More progress on deck work, especially the 2000 (or so it seemed) belaying pins. I did not use the kit supplied pins. Also, finished stropping the deadeyes, attaching chains, and mounting on railings. I'd be curious to hear thoughts on using the chain material....positive or negative. I'm likely going to paint them black as I don't care for even the light shine they give off.

This ship comes with sails, which I don't intend to use. However, the rigging plans for the sails are pretty much overlaid with the running rigging...this is going to be a real best when I get that far trying to differentiate them.

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

I would imagine the standing rigging is drawn darker than the running rigging,  on the plans.......it is on most rigging diagrams I've seen.   I'm sure that as you begin to decipher it,  you'll have little trouble.   shrouds,  fore stays and back stays,  are usually first.  ;)    she's looking great so far....your having fun  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 months later...