US Brig Syren by Hipexec - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64 - building as USS Argus

5 hours ago, Sjors said:

Maybe i' m that person who ever turn it upside down to take a look🤣

Sjors

I must say, Sjors, you are very detailed oriented and have held me to a very high standard every time you saw something that caught your eye with my ships.

See you and Anja in a few days.

Shipyard's closed!  My Admiral has given me orders to cease operations and concentrate on taking her on a cruise to Ireland. We pick up our ship in Amsterdam where I shall report to Admiral Sjors ( remember when Sjors was promoted to Admiral when MSW did such things) for a tour of The Amsterdam Maritime Museum before boarding our ship. See you all in 19 days.

shipyard closed 001.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Shipyard will be open as soon as I do my laundry and unpack.

How great is MSW! Anja & Sjors traveled all the way to downtown Amsterdam so we could finally meet face to face after all these years of chatting on MSW. We were going visit The Maritime Museum, but my flight got in too late, so we just went to dinner together. Anja & Sjors are camping in the south of France right now.

Sjors and Anja 001.JPG

Some maritime photos of my trip to Ireland and Amsterdam

The Famine Ship Dunbrody

The Maritime Museum Amsterdam with its Dutch East India trading ship. I was supposed to go here with Sjors and Anja. Went on my own two weeks later

there's more

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

Nautical displays every where. Naval knot displays, Famine Ship Jeanie Johnston, and model ships at every turn

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

14 planks to go! Boy...is there a lot of bending, twisting and tapering going on here. I can't imagine how the real boat builders managed?

Filling and painting seems to be an easier way, but I chose this path to get the natural wood instead of a painted finish

14 planks to go 001.JPG

14 planks to go 003.JPG

Welcome home sailor 😄😄

Thanks for the nice picture and the wonderful hours when we are meeting you and the Admiral in Amsterdam.

We are hoping that you had a wonderful cruise .

Nice to see that you still found the time to visit the maritime museum.

Anja & Sjors

Welcome back Anja and Sjors.

11 planks to go. You are right Sam....it looks like a rocket ship from this angle.

12 to go 001.JPG

12 to go 002.JPG

12 to go 003.JPG

Ten planks to go. You veterans know how tedious planking can be, so I am showing one plank at a time for any newby's looking in so they understand the concept of each plank has to be treated like it's its own model with all the twists, bends and tapers involved. It is very rewarding when you can hold that hull with all planks installed.

ten to go 001.JPG

I've had to stop the one plank at a time method I was using and address all those tricky cuts, twists, curves  and bends at the stern

New planking attack 001.JPG

7 hours ago, rony said:

hii                                                       With what glue you stick  The top strip  ?

A thin coat of PVA

7 hours ago, modlerbob said:

Your work is looking more and more professional as you progress.

Wow! Thanks, but most of the time I'm all thumbs.

5 hours ago, rony said:

is the glou is good?

44444.jpg

No!  Purchase some ph neutral PVA glue at a hobby store. Elmers is okay but not as good as a high quality PVA. I purchased a brand called "LINECO" on E-bay.