HIPEXEC

USS Syren by Hipexec - Model Shipways - 1:64 - building as USS Argus

Jim & Jesse,

Yes Sapele is a beautiful wood, but hard as steel. I built my whole US Constitution out of it and it was very difficult. It will good for pinrails though

I marked the top of the pinrails so they will all be on the same plain. I've found in the past when I'm trying to glue things on the same plain "by eye" somehow they never line up.

marking pinrails top 001.JPG

Edited by HIPEXEC

12 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

Rich - I'd be happy to help you.  I have some woods that I think you'd like, and we could mill them to whatever size you need.  Come on down!

Thanks, Frank. After the holidays I probably will come down. 

Merry Christmas! :piratebo5:

Rich,

Looking good. yea lining things up by eye when a couple of thousands shows up is....fun. Your way is working. The one time I have made, steps and ladders I used a finer grain wood. I had some scrap Manzonia that worked well. Had a nice contrast to the Sapele also.

Sam

3 hours ago, src said:

RIch,

so sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better. 

Sam

Thanks, Sam. 

My prayers for you Rich. I struggle with Chronic Lyme and I know what you mean. Got another Dr. appointment this afternoon. There is something therapeutic about getting back to the work bench.

Jesse

So sorry to hear this! May you find joy in giving joy to the rest of us as we watch your progress. Praying for you and yours ....

Hello, Rich! I recently joined MSW and have been readying through your log these past couple of days. I finally caught up on it all and I feel like I've been learning a lot just by watching your progress.

I'm sorry to hear about the big c. I'll be praying for you and yours. It's rough on everyone involved. :(

I look forward to seeing more on your build!

4 hours ago, Ryzuhr said:

Hello, Rich! I recently joined MSW and have been readying through your log these past couple of days. I finally caught up on it all and I feel like I've been learning a lot just by watching your progress.

I'm sorry to hear about the big c. I'll be praying for you and yours. It's rough on everyone involved. :(

I look forward to seeing more on your build!

Thanks, Ryzuhr

I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to see you back at modeling.

Bob

Edited by rafine

9 hours ago, rafine said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to see you back at modeling.

Bob

Thanks, Bob