HMS Pegasus by paul carruthers - Victory Models - Scale 1:64

Rear Bulwark = hummm. Comparing to my set of plans to my eye you have got the decoration bands height a bit high at the end and a tad wide -  seems to be a teeny swerve in the sweep.

But your decoration looks really good to me overall - I am impressed.

But before you go any further - do offer up the stern windows  and the side windows - it is far more important that these match. 

The decoration is interrupted anyway - I would be very reluctant to go with raised sides just on the decor ground unless these matched the window bits.

Definitely not wide as the strips sit right on the photoetch high points

I looked a Blue Ensigns build, if you look at page 2 mine looked like his with the top red border not parallel, so I measured from the plans and added a splice to make it 4mm as per the drwg and as his page 3. I have checked that all the windows side and rear fit as per his build.

Well BE s build is always an excellent guide But  to me his bulwarks sit spot on at the top of the bulkhead without additions. 

All I am saying is that I wouldnt move or add to significant bits of the your structure (which seems exactly right so far) to match what is a fanciful decoration. 

The important measurement here is from the  top of the stern windows - set juuust below deck level - which fixes where the stern fascia 114 comes to meet the bulwarks - you dont want to be out of alignment there.

But you are the captain of your own vessel  and she is coming along very nicely !

• 7 months later...