Hallo everybody

Teach.

Hi all , my name is Daniele and i live in Denver CO. 

i registered a while ago' and i thought its now time to introduce myself sorry if i didnt do it before .

I started with shipmodelling when i was 18 , i remember my first model was a small fishing boat and after that i did a scratch build from and aeropiccola plan of the Cutty sark . After that life started to get very busy and after 2 years of navy i continued the  career as a merchant marine officer so the time for modeling was kind of over especially for big project.

I did continue on small project like warship in 1/700 and now after more than 25 years seems that i am finally settling in one place ( hopefully ), so  its growing in me the desire to start again on "big" shipmodelling project .

Few months ago' i picked up at an auction a Model Shipways kit of the Uss constitution ( the hull was already builded) so now i am setting up a small workplace because i want to start to work on this project asap .

Daniele,

A warm :sign: .

I have a previous life in the merchant marine. Very fun and awarding job.

There are several "Connie" build logs you can look into and get valuable information, your build log will help you and us if you get stuck.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, even though it may have been asked before. 

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Welcome to the hobby and MSW Daniel.  This is the place to learn and be part of the hobby. 

There is a very active club in Denver - the Rocky Mountain Shipwrights - probably the most landlocked club in the US.  Having a local ship modeling club is a great tool for the beginning modeler - just like MSW.  Check out our web site's listings of clubs for the info on the Denver club.  A friendly bunch of guys and gals - I have attended some of their meetings and several members attend NRG Conferences regularly.

http://www.thenrg.org/modeling-clubs.php

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Hi Daniele,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard Daniele,

When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.

If needed, you'll find plenty of advise, help and encouragement from everyone.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :) 

Hi Kurt , already a couple of people suggested me about the Rocky mountain shipwright and unfortunately until now i had no chance to attend to any of the meetings , but i will do my best to be at the next meeting .

i think i will be ready to start the build log around 2 weeks as  i will leave soon for DC , were i have plan to visit the National museum of US navy ( any other suggestion for naval museum in the area are very welcome ) .

Daniele

Welcome to MSW Daniele! Good to have you with us. I'm sure you have already discovered that this place is full of great information and friendly people if you have been hanging around for a while. I look forward to seeing your work and I wish you the best of luck on your Constitution build.

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild