Guest Riccardo1966

Guest Riccardo1966

Hello, From a sometime model maker of many different subjects. I have made only one plank on bulkhead ship so far and that was 16 or so years ago. Now I would like to to do another and in a more authentic way, trying new approaches and some of the techniques that I have seen so beautifully done here.

Thanks for the membership and I hope to get started soon and meet you all in the forums.

Cheers. Richard.

Hello Richard,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard Richard,

What will your next project be? Have you made a choice yet?

When you're ready, feel free to start a buildlog.
This is a great site for learning/sharing tips and techniques.
If needed, you'll find plenty of help, advise and encouragement from everyone. 

Enjoy your stay here.

I wish  you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Hi Richard.

Nice to have you aboard.

Everyone who joins brings new methods and skill's into this forum 😊

Enjoy  your voyage.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Guest Riccardo1966

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Anja, I think my next build will be Hms Granado as someone is kindly giving me this kit, not sure which manufacturer yet as I am waiting for it to arrive.

I made Clara May 1-50 artesania kit as my first pob build and am hoping that this won't be too much of a leap forward.

I have already read quite a bit of the available material here to already learn much that I didn't know and will greatly appreciate some help with this kit.

Antony uk, I think I will be asking a lot of questions :)

Cheers to all. Richard

Welcome to MSW Richard!! Good to have you with us and I wish you all the Best of luck on your next ship build. You are in the right place to improve your skills and make this model better than your previous. I look forward to seeing your build! 

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Guest Riccardo1966

Thank you  Kevin Kenny, I am sure I will look them out as all the kits I have seen seem to be 1-64 scale so may have similarities that maybe relevant to my build?.

@E.J. Cheers, I am hopeful of some improvement in my builds, even it is small :).

Regards Richard