Jim Lad

Meteor by Jim Lad - Scale 1:96 - Immigrant Ship Of 1851

Thanks, Pat.  Pam's mum died a couple of weeks ago and I still have ongoing medical problems, so more upcoming procedures over the next few months. :angry:

We're planning on taking holidays between the medical stuff - we could both do with just finding somewhere to relax away from the everyday stuff that is always there.

John

so sorry to hear of her passing John {I just told Phyl about it}.......she sends her hugs to Pam,  and extend our heartfelt condolences to you and your family.  I hope your fairing well with what's going on with you..........fingers crossed and thinking of you ;) 

Another small update at last - and the last one for a while.  I'm currently undergoing some intense medical treatment and won't be back at the museum (where the model resides) probably for a few months.

At least all the square frames are now fitted.  The next job will be to do quite a bit of fairing and sanding before I start with the forward cants and hawse timbers when I can get back to work on her.

John

DSC05230.thumb.JPG.354d20945a6d9471ac8577af76ead010.JPGDSC05231.thumb.JPG.33df85c7b34cea9a46e3a37a43639c91.JPGDSC05234.thumb.JPG.c4b0b6220c50eb552d1f924cf207001f.JPG

so sorry to hear of your ongoing health problems John........been hard for me to get over to the scratch forum,  with all the logs I look at. :(   I wish you well......thinking of you w/fingers crossed that you recover well and quickly!  best wishes to Pam as well.

the frame is coming along splendidly........can't wait to see the rest of it  ;) 

She's looking good, John. I've been enjoying following this log - very interesting, particularly from a research point of view, and the personal connection adds to the interest even further.

Hope the health problems get sorted out and you'll be free to get back and enjoy yourself to the fullest with the build.

Steven

Another update - at last!!

Thank you all for your good wishes.  The treatment went well and I am currently 'all clear' with my next check in April next year.  Following the good news we took off for a holiday in South Australia - looking at the sights; checking out the maritime scene and photographing birds.  We had a really great time and arrived home very relaxed and ready for whatever the world decides to throw at us next!

My time in the museum since we got back has been limited, and even when I've been in I've been diverted by other things, so the 'Meteor' has only progressed by the addition of a couple more frames down aft.  This is by far the slowest build I've ever been involved with and the slow progress is beginning to frustrate me.  I'll bring the hull home next week to do a bit of serious fairing.  Too much fine sawdust being sucked into to ventilation system isn't good for the museum, but I'm reluctant to bring the model home as carrying a delicate model back and forth on Sydney's peak hour trains isn't good for the mental equilibrium!  This time of year is good as the trains are far less crowded over the holiday period.

Here are a few photos of the tiny amount of extra work done.

John 

DSC05875.thumb.JPG.f10b2a1f2c8c03360225bd47d50f95c6.JPG

DSC05872.thumb.JPG.e0b32f80dd1cb3261439ee472d48e51e.JPG

DSC05871.thumb.JPG.2c4bc9c47412dcc4c51eabe69ff73680.JPG