Santa Maria by mtbediz - FINISHED - handmade kit by a friend

Forecastle fence is in progress. This handmade kit originally includes those laths in following picture but i decided not to use them and i am making fence instead because i have seen a lot of Santa Maria ship model on the internet and most of them were with fence. I think it will look better.

14.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

1 hour ago, canoe21 said:

Hello Mtbediz 

Great job you have done on your hull planking and you're decking, it all came out very nice. I for one do like the look of Tung Oil, it has such a nice warm sort of a look to it, the only downside  is it is rather sticky for a month or so and does collect a lot of dust that must be cleaned quite ofter in this time period but it will dry up in time.

I do agree with you on the railing that you have added to your ship rather than those solid planks that you tried earlier. I would recommend that now is the time add the deck detail to your ship, the wheel, binnacle, cleats and so on as it will dress her up and make her much more interesting to look at. Just take your time and enjoy your build as it will become much more difficult to add detail once you start the masking and rigging, but not impossible at that,                                                    ENJOY.
Regards   Lawrence

Hello Lawrence, 

Thank you for visiting my log and for your encouraging comment. Yes i realized that some dust was collecting on the model and i started to cover the ship by cloth while i don't work on it. Actually this handmade kit doesn't consist a lot of detail parts and yes, before i start rigging i will complete all available detail parts.

Best regards,

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

I have been quietly following your build right from the beginning.

I love everything that you have done to date on your Santa Maria.

It is amazing how much variation from kit to kit on this particular model and it is so much more interesting to see what you have done on this "handmade" effort.

PS Thanks for following along my Santa Maria...

Cheers,

Julian

Julian

Current: Mamoli - Friesland

Billing Boats - Dutch Sperwer

Finished: Billing Boats - Bluenose

Mamoli - Santa Maria

On Hold: Caldercraft - Bomb Vessel Granado

10 hours ago, mrcc said:

Hi Mustafa,

I have been quietly following your build right from the beginning.

I love everything that you have done to date on your Santa Maria.

It is amazing how much variation from kit to kit on this particular model and it is so much more interesting to see what you have done on this "handmade" effort.

PS Thanks for following along my Santa Maria...

Cheers,

Julian

Thank you for your nice words Julian. Have a great day.

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa, I have just come across your build, what an excellent job you are doing - tebrikler!!

I live in Antalya and have great difficulty finding modeling equipment and wood here as I have to bring everything back with me from UK.  Where do you find all your wood etc??

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

On 27.05.2017 at 1:42 PM, leginseel said:

Hi Mustafa, I have just come across your build, what an excellent job you are doing - tebrikler!!

I live in Antalya and have great difficulty finding modeling equipment and wood here as I have to bring everything back with me from UK.  Where do you find all your wood etc??

Hi Leginseel,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for your nice comment. I will tell you where i find all things from. It's not difficult, you can find everything online :)

Some of online modeling materials and equipments suppliers in Turkey are below. Do not hesitate to ask me whenever you need something. I research for you :)

Regards,

Mustafa

http://www.mehmetmarangoz.com.tr/

http://www.pinarhobi.com/

https://www.maketistan.com/

http://www.hobbytime.com.tr/

Have great day,

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa, thank you so much for the information about model suppliers in Turkey I will check them out.

The hatches you have made are excellent, great work.

If you are ever in Antalya let me know.

Selam

Nigel

Cheers

Nigel

Current Build - HMS Victory, Caldercraft - scale  1:64,  started September 2021

Cutty Sark, Constructo - scale 1:115, finished August 2021

HMS Bounty, Constructo - Scale 1:50 - First wooden kit build, finished April 2019

1 hour ago, leginseel said:

Hi Mustafa, thank you so much for the information about model suppliers in Turkey I will check them out.

The hatches you have made are excellent, great work.

If you are ever in Antalya let me know.

Selam

Nigel

Not at all Nigel. I am always here, tell me whenever you need help. Those hobby sites are in turkish unfortunately, if you can't find the materials that you need just let me know and i search for you.

And of course if i visit Antalya i will let you know :) Thank you.

Regards,

Mustafa

8 hours ago, mrcc said:

Hi Mustafa, everything is looking great!

Are you using any specific plans for your build?

Or just lots of research on the internet?

Thanks, i don't have any plan Julian. I am just researching on the internet and adding something i love.