Hermione by MESSIS - FINISHED - Artesania Latina - 1/89

Hope it helps. Have you seen Ken's log where he shows how to use needles for applying CA. Looks like a really good idea. PS. Pasted the Greek address because it was close to Cyprus, did not scan their entire dealer list to see if there's a dealer on your island. Was able to pick up a 14.2 oz bottle of this CA yesterday at my local hobby shop for 13.99 CDN (9.19 Euro).   

My friend your helping me all the time and I dont know how to respond in the same way. Anyway kens needles is a very good idea... do you think the needle doesnt get stucked all the time when the glue drys in it? If not, then thats great. Am going to give it a shot anyway.

Ps. As you said 14 oz for 10 euros I was thinking of asking you to send me some dozen of those! 😃😃 But then you got me down to earth... this is about similar to the amazon price.

Boys and girls,

Shipyard manager very happy... just coppered the one side of Hermione.  

After finishing coppering followed the aceton remouving of the small glue stains. Finally a nice lemon juice cleaned all the finger tips. And then a light pass with a  sponge which had just a little water humidity.

But she still smells like a lemontree garden!20170605_124132.thumb.jpg.56386525621385f8a714f09d9490f349.jpg

Ah fantastic! She looks a treat :)

Anton T

Current build

1/78 Sovereign of the Seas - Sergal - kit bashed

1/72 Arleigh Burke class DDG flight iia/iii - Sratch built RC - no log

Waiting for further inspiration

STS Leeuwin II 1/56 scratch built (90% completed)

Previous builds - completed

1/72 HMAS Brisbane, Airwarfare Destroyer 2014 -Scratch built RC - completed

1/64 HMS Diana 1796 - caldercraft kit - completed

1/75 Friesland 1668- mamoli kit - completed

1/96 HMAS Newcastle FFG 2011- scratch built RC - completed

1/75 Vasa - Billing Boats - completed

Thx guys..... I appricate it very much not only your kind words but also that you look at my work! Thank you both (Tallshiptragic and Jarman)

Paul isnt it going to get a patina with the time? Did you mean that make a patina brings a darker colour at the end than the.natural patina which bekommes by its self through the time?

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, MESSIS said:

Paul isnt it going to get a patina with the time?

Messis,

Yes unless it is in a display case it would patina over time I would imagine. This would defiantly make it more natural rather than forcing it.

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

So.... am still alive! The shipyard is open and the work goes on although I havent posted anything recently.

Coppering goes on. Am about at the half work on port, thats 3/4 of the whole (Starboard is finished). And then there is the rudder and some finishing pieces on the bow.

20170612_182939.jpg

20170612_182648.jpg

Looks neatly done. Will there be also copper plates on the keel bottom? 

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

20170618_064829.thumb.jpg.a0c5789af806e4caf577d675b53e8c1d.jpg

Thank you guys.

Dilbert55: no tools needed the plates are very thin. Consider at some points you may use a good knife to cut in shape, but the feeling is  as you were cutting paper.

S.Coleman: as you see in the picture the keel is covered with copper but not the falsekeel. I beleive thats because the falsekeel was supposed to be left easy to be replaced. Same goes for the rudder, there is also a bottom piece (an extension of the falsekeel, a stripe at the same thickneess as the falsekeel) that isnt coppered.

Nice! Thanks for sharing this info. Keep up the good work and hold her steady :)

currently: master korabel Schooner Polotsk

finished: the Swift 1805, the Lady Nelson

on the shelf: US Brig Syren, Le Renard and the Hermione

• 3 weeks later...

Cyprus is burning...😅 yesterday the temp. reached 40° celsius! Today is better an shipyard was oppened again (in its fully aircondition permisses 😎.

So the basewood of the gundeck was finished..... (cherry stain) and the red linning of its gunports.

20170705_115950.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Guns are turning out great. Are these going to be rigged also?

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

Thank you my friend... but your advise came late. I had allready varnished. But ok no harm done because I dressed the deck before cutting the gun ports.

How is the forest situation in Canada now with the heat. We got a few  fires in Cyprus in the last three days but ok they were small and to our luck the wind wasnt too strong. So they got them under control within 24-48 hours.

Have you added the final hull planks?

It's been very bad year for forest fires on the Pacific coast in British Columbia. Where I am in Quebec is record wet month & cooler than it is usually at the end of July with a 14C low last night, average is 16C. They have drought conditions in the prairie provinces (mid-country, we're a huge country) but not much to burn there, just wheat, so I might be in a global warming sweet spot at the moment.