I will start one of my pet peeves (which I have many) People leaving their shopping carts blocking 2 parking spots and the cart corral is 10 feet away, and speaking of shopping that customer that chats away on a cell phone when the employee has rung up purchases and keeps on talking oblivious of the line getting longer.:angry:

I was in the grocery store a few years back, with 3 or 4 items in my cart. As I approached the "Express 15 items or less" aisle a lady with an overflowing cart ran into line in front of me! Had to wait while she checked out, then she wanted cigarettes and and the cashier had to go to the returns aisle to get them.

After all that she then proceeded to take the cart to the front of the store, and call for her ride, on the phone!!! All told it took about 20 minutes. No, the other lines were full of people with loaded carts, so couldn't go to another line.

Some decades back there was an epidemic of "angle parkers" in the mall parking lots - you know the people who don't want any dents in their precious car from people opening car doors into them, so they park on an angle across 3 or 4 spaces and always closest to the mall entrance, not out in the "boonies".  I just happened to be in a local photo-copy/printing shop one day getting some stuff copied. On the counter the owner had placed a bunch of "sample" pads - one of which looked exactly like a parking ticket - when I read it I nearly fell over laughing - he had a sign on the counter telling his customers to take one or two pads FREE, so I did.  After that I started putting them on the windshields of some of the more egregious angle parkers. The ticket is self-explanatory and shown below.

58d1a15733fca_Parkingticket0001.thumb.jpg.821d0d6156ab31add47aa38b797a7976.jpg

Years ago I had an old Jeep CJ, with diamond plate running boards. In the morning I would arrive early at work, and drive around looking for just such drivers. There was not an inch of the side of that Jeep they could damage, and I delighted in parking inches from their doors! Once I got a bonus and found two of them parked over the line, with a space between them. Just enough for me to pull in, with an inch to spare on each side! I climbed out the window, onto the hood, and down the bumper, couldn't even get that narrow door open. I was in heaven!

I'm stopped at a red light, it turns green, the joker in front of me is looking down (texting) I wait to blow my horn you never know who is going to pull a gun and shoot in today's world. Finally enough I honk he looks up (oh I have a green light) he looks in the rear view mirror, gives me the one finger salute and drives. Yep you guessed it I got the next red light. I mortally detest cell phones in the year 2025 evolution will produce a human with an ear on one side and a prosthetic cell on the other.

Don't you just love it.:rolleyes:

I`m driving along at or maybe even a little above the posted speed limit & the driver behind me pulls out,zooms around me & cuts me off,then brakes hard only to turn at the next corner. Some day I`m gonna get an old vehicle & weld some steel girders around it like the bumper cars at amusement parks........

Mark

I'm also annoyed with double spot parking. 

But my biggest Pet Peeve are smokers that litter on your property.

I'm not a smoker nor do I judge anyone for choosing to smoke. But I cant stand smokers that fling their butts on your property. WTF!

These just don't disintegrate and go away. I'm the one who's stuck cleaning them up all the time, grrrr. I don't get. Cigarettes buts no different then trash. 

And I would never throw trash on someones property, why are butts different?

1. We live close to a public school (5 to 13 yr olds).  Two houses down from us is a 4-way stop where a lot of the kids cross the road to get to the school property.  During school hours there is a crossing guard but after school and on weekends kids still use the playground.  There are a lot of drivers that never stop at the stop sign.  I'm not talking about slowing down to a crawl then proceeding I'm talking about not slowing down at all and just blowing past the stop sign.  I'm worried that someday someone is going to get hurt.  The Admiral has called the police and they will come for an hour and catch a couple of people not stopping but that is the only involvement they have.

2. People who walk their dog, let it defecate on your lawn then continue on their way.

3. People who walk their dog, let it defecate on your lawn, pick it up and put it in a plastic bag, then leave the plastic bag on your lawn and walk away.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have the special licence plates for incapacitated/elder people on my car because of my mom and sister.

I never used the incapacitated parking spots when I was alone.

One day in a really crowded parking lot a guy approaches me and asks me why if I had incapacitated licence plate I wasn't using the incapacitated parking spots.

-Because I don't need it, I said.

-Yeah, but you are using the spaces that we normal people need!!!

Can you believe it???

On 3/21/2017 at 10:40 AM, DocBlake said:

People whose automobiles are WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN MINE, so they park diagonally, occupying 2 parking spaces to avoid dings.  Jerks

When I was in the Coast Guard I had some friends who saw this and decided since they had nothing better to do they would teach a lesson. First you have know these guys where bikers. I mean

leather, tats, chains on their wallets, someone you didn't want to mess with. Well they parked their bikes around this car then went inside a got a couple of six packs. When the owner of this special car

came back there where 4 bikers sitting on their bikes around his car drinking bear. He said would they move their bikes?????       NO we're to dunk!!! You'll have to wait until we sober up.

I can't remember how long they made him wait but that night in the barracks everyone loved their story.

Just because your a biker doesn't mean your not socially conscious.

Mark

• 11 months later...

Don't forget the people who make their own parking spaces! :angry: My wife and I went to a restaurant/bar and met with my brother and his wife for meal and drinks.  It was pretty busy and my brother was unable to park in a disabled parking space as they were all full, so he did the next best thing.  He parked his van (sporting handicapped plates) in the last space in a row of spots where the right side of his van was open to the driving lane. (his ramp opens on the right side)  While we were all inside eating someone came and apparently unable to find a close parking spot, decided to park in the driving lane right up tight to my brothers van. (so close that he must have had to exit his car through the passenger side of his car) We came out to leave only to find that my brother couldn't get in his van.  We had to go back in the restaurant and wait another 20 minutes while the staff repeatedly paged the guy to move his car. (seems that he was too busy drinking at the bar to come out right away):angry:  Obviously already a little tipsy, he didn't say he was sorry, he just bitched about having to move his car.:o

• 4 months later...

I have some fresh fodder for this topic.   Our next door neighbor is having a garage sale this weekend and my complaint is with some of he nit wits that shop at these events.  Yesterday I left home to met my wife for lunch at a restaurant and had to wait for one of these nit wits to move as they were parked across the end of our driveway and I couldn't back out.  While this irked me somewhat, I just waited till they left. 

The prize has to go to the next one that I came across.  While driving home, I was following this car that was obviously looking for garage sales, as they slowed way down at every turn like they were not sure where the next sale was.  Anyway, this continued for quite some time when I noticed that they took every turn that I did.  I continued following them, and sure enough they were driving down our street right towards my driveway. 

I slowed down to see where they would park and sure enough they decided that parking right across the end of my driveway was the best spot.  I kept driving toward my driveway as they stopped to park and I honked the horn as I approached when I was about 20 feet from the side of their car as the driver put their car in park.  She gave me this incredulous look like, what the heck is your problem? :o  This is my spot, find your own!   I had to drive to within five feet or so until she finally decided to move out of the way so I could use my own driveway. 

WHAT?! :angry:  On what planet do these people live on where it is legal or even courteous to park across the end of someones driveway?  And that look that she gave me was just priceless!  While they are totally in the wrong (would no doubt think anyone else was a jerk to do it to them) they still think that it's OK for them to do it to you.

Dave,

I many places, it's illegal to park in front of a driveway.   You might contact the local police and see what they suggest.   The last time that happened here, the neighbor (next door) who's driveway was block called the cops, they showed up rather quickly and turned on his rollers.  As he was getting out of the car, the owner suddenly came running.   Didn't get a ticket, but a stern talking to.  The neighbor and I had a nice chuckle watching this.

Driving to work at 5 am in a small town, NO traffic and all the lights turn red just as I get to them 😠  and a variation of the angle parkers - when I go to a shopping place with a large lot I will park in ONE spot waaay in the back then when done shopping some idiot with a rusty beater car will have parked next to me.............

I agree with all the peeves about two space parkers and blocked driveways Etc, (By the way it is illegal in many cities to park closer than 4' from a driveway) but I never fail to be impressed by the people who insist on parking in a handicap space and then jogging into the store! I met one of these people in the store one time and when asked he stated that he had had knee surgery and was allowed to park there because he had a handicap tag. I told him that the doctor had done a fantastic job evidenced by how well he was getting around the store! I'm pretty certain I was wasting my breath but I felt a little better!  

You may not believe it but this happened to me one day. I used to have discapacitated licence plates in my car to be used when my mom was in the car with me. One day I went to a movie all al one and parked my car in a regular space. One dude approached me and asked me why I didn't use the special parking places given that I had the plates to do so. I explained to him that I used those spaces only when my mom was with me. And he said : Yes but you are taking a space that we normal people could use!!! 

I have many pet peeves. If I would audition for the next installment of "Grumpy Old Men" I wouldn't make it because I would be over qualified and depress people watching it...lol

One of them is the insane level of advertising. It's impossible to watch any type of TV without being interrupted with people in your face telling you how to get rid of your money.

That's why I love modelling that much. No TV in the shed!!!

11 hours ago, CDW said:

Anyone who walks their dog into my yard to poop....and they don't pick it up. Somebody is going to get an ear full I guarantee.

An ear full of what???

(er, actually, don't tell me!)

Edited by probablynot
Reason for edit? Decency.

12 hours ago, CDW said:

Anyone who walks their dog into my yard to poop....and they don't pick it up. Somebody is going to get an ear full I guarantee.

In my town it will cost them a fine of $150 USD for not picking up after their dog. Oh, and an additional  $95  surcharge for use of the court.  

Edited by Jack12477