Kevin

At a Glance: A Snapshot of MSW Members' Current Projects

On 10/14/2018 at 6:41 AM, VonHoldinghausen said:

but that

place suddenly just dissapeared from the known universe.

I personally would like to see you start a build log on this kit, even if you started it at the point you presently are building. I have the same kit that is on the MUST DO list for my wife. I have never worked with PE before and it is giving me some concern as are some reports that this kit has some flaws that need to be dealt with.

Hello Lou

I will consider starting a build log, even though I am unsure that would be ok, as the build was already started somewhere else.

Thanks for the interest!

The kit for sure has some flaws :)

Firstly, it is an old kit, with its big big fit issues and very bad mouldings.

Secondly it is NOT correct in MANY ways, and lacks much detail (as it is an old kit) compared to todays standards.

The kit does in many parts depict the Olympic, more than the Titanic (mainly the outlay of A-deck or "promenade deck" below the Boat-deck).

To turn her into a "correct" model of the Titanic, there are about 1200 corrections/alterations to be done :)

You can read about them in "The Rivet Counter Tutorial" here:  http://www.rivet-counter.com/

This is a VAST instruction on how to fix all the problems/faults in this Titanic-kit ONLY, and improve it, all in 51 (fiftyone) chapters :P

ENJOY ;)

Kind regards,

Hi folks.  Here’s the latest progress so far of Genesis.  I’ve started to sand and paint parts of the hull and superstructure.  Following the use of lots of wet and dry sandpaper, only now are the beautiful curves of Genesis’ unusual design able to emerge.

Thanks

Patrick

14CCEF32-4FEB-4CE0-81C6-BC315A97A0D4.jpeg

On 2/2/2019 at 7:30 AM, Omega1234 said:

Hi folks.  Here’s the latest progress so far of Genesis.  I’ve started to sand and paint parts of the hull and superstructure.  Following the use of lots of wet and dry sandpaper, only now are the beautiful curves of Genesis’ unusual design able to emerge.

Thanks

Patrick

14CCEF32-4FEB-4CE0-81C6-BC315A97A0D4.jpeg

I thought I made this comment a few days ago, but I don’t see it in the thread. So here is my 2 cents agin: This is a beautiful model.  I would love to see more models like this of mega yachts and perhaps some modern commercial ships on this site. 

4 hours ago, ragove said:

I thought I made this comment a few days ago, but I don’t see it in the thread.

That's because I deleted that comment. Please see the instructions for this thread in the second post on page 1. Comments and discussion are welcome, but should be made in the member's build log (which is why links to build logs are important!).

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ccoyle said:

That's because I deleted that comment. Please see the instructions for this thread in the second post on page 1. Comments and discussion are welcome, but should be made in the member's build log (which is why links to build logs are important!).

Thank you!

OoOps my bad. Thanks for the reminder.