L'Hermoine by Dilbert55 - Artesania Latina - 1/89

Thank you for the cleaning information.

Yes there are two sizes of deadeyes on the model because there are two sizes on the ship it self. and thats because the in some parts like the mizzen mast and the top mast, have smaller dimensions and spaces.

Ps. you did great job with the chainplates.... wish I have done such a good work.

• 10 months later...

It looks like the Dilbert55 shipyard has been shut down for a while. I am also building the new AL version of Hermione. I appreciate the problems that have been encountered regarding the AL instructions. I believe Messis spotted a few as well and made some helpful suggestios regarding the assembly order for the uppermost planking above the main deck. There's a note in this builder's log about the two different versions of the profile of the uppermost planking and how the railing is configured. I am currently paining the railings in preparation for installation so that piece of information is very timely. Dilbert55, I hope you are continuing with your build. Please update us when you can.

Richard

Current Build

Artesania Latina L'Hermione

Previous Builds

I have made a search about the railing. Am not 100% sure about my conclusions. But... it seems to me an outer railing with metal stanchions and wood is correct.And an inner one (the one over the boat/gun deck) with metal stanchions and rope... incl. the stairs railing going down to the lower deck, is again  right! So this is how I will go...

Edited by MESSIS