Galley Washington by Foultide (Dan)

On a side note I was given a Artesania Latina kit of the  HMB Endeavour which had been started but sadly the builder past away while it was still under construction.

It sat for 15 years waiting to be completed.

The first planking had been finished but I needed to redo some of it as really needed redoing. I have already built this ship but it will nice to work it along side the Washington as a change of pace.

Some of the kit has gone missing so I'll probably be creative with it and build it as I like.

Thanks for stopping in.

Bye for now,

Dan

6 Ships in the Gallery.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan - 

Just catching up, and really like how she is coming along.  The joinery on the deck beams and ledges is top notch, and the stove presents a very realistic appearance.  Well done.

I do suggest that you replace your gratings.  Their contrasting color makes them a visual focal point, but they are quite out of scale and shape.  If you can't make them yourself (and there is a nice how-to Shop Note from Don Spruel in the current Journal), then there are several suppliers who can meet your needs.   You may have to shim the surrounding coaming to get a tight fit, but the result should be up to the very high level of craftsmanship of the rest of your work.

Best of success.

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein