Sovereign of the Seas by Hennie - Sergal - 1:78

• 5 weeks later...

I intend to start my build log of this ship by sergal early next year.  I have found Hennie's build log, and his obvious craftmanship, so very very professional that I do intend to follow his build very closely.  However, his build log stops abruptly at page 7, way before the end of the build, which prompts me to ask the question " did he finish this model and build log?" if he did "where can I access the completion of his log?"  Bill

• 2 months later...

Nice update.

As you know this kit is on my list of 'wants" - Cornwall in the UK has them for just north of $700.00 USD - with the dollar being so strong these days - super tempting.

And whenever I visit your build makes me want to order one. Problem; it would just be an exercise --- Absolutely no place to put her once completed. 🤔

Regards,

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 1 month later...

Hello Hennie, I have followed your build from day one, I think its the best example to follow, I was sick for about 6 months, and had to put my build on one side.

Anyway that's enough of my problems I now have my mojo back and I have jut about caught up with your build. 

Will you be posting more of your build?

Cheers John.

P.S. your doing a terrific job thanks

Really nice progress  building into a Stunning  replica.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Hennie,

Went back over your log - Questions --

1) for the lower hull, does the kit include a second set of thinner planks to cover the thicker first set? I was not clear on your comments.

2) How did you make all of those gold metal parts smaller? Did that not remove the gold coverings on the sides?

FYI: Just received this book (John McKay) - might be still be helpful for you. Waiting for Cornwall Boats to receive more kits - then will order one along with much more wood and proper flags

I paid too much for this book - new ones are about $10 USD cheaper on eBay. Went over the book yesterday lots of great info and 100s of great illustrations.

IMG_1337.thumb.jpg.6d3628f9f60f2d538929b0c8f1923b60.jpgIMG_1338.jpg.de34339e3716b900d030f00329d1abdb.jpgIMG_1339.jpg.fee3fdcc46a3a8e3782db7cee269eb91.jpgIMG_1340.jpg.ef80679b53b9591e3f5ce5183cc04cf1.jpgIMG_1341.thumb.jpg.aa5f73ceee0f106eeab8b5fefbfd72bd.jpgIMG_1342.jpg.f2bdc42bc83235168f00f4cb6cfcd643.jpgIMG_1343.thumb.jpg.c23e6c96f06f8de69edf8cb86dd8b5e2.jpg

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 2 weeks later...

Hennie, I will be following your build with great interest as I have  the kit and at sometime in the near future hopefully will be starting my build. I just ordered the John McKay book on the Sovereign. Did the sails come with the kit or did you order separately? I bought a started build and it's been awhile since I have perused the box and I do not remember any sails. I do have extra brass fitting that was in the box along with the bubble packed ones. I will be checking in often with you, i am sure i will have a lot of questions as your build progress towards completion. I assume you are going to full fully rig her.

Edited by the learner

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line

• 1 year later...

just re-read your log, what a lovely build you have

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't been on line for a while and entered the picture without the dialog!

Im looking for instructions on how to mount the Dolphins     so if someone has used these I'd appreciate some guidence.

thanks

Tom