IJN Isuzu 1945 by RGL - FINISHED - Aoshima - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Light Cruiser

Back to the hull. I have sprayed on some 'worn effects' fluid over the pre painted parts of the hull then about 4 shades of red trying to bring out the frames and hull plates. This photo from another ship of this class shows them up nicely. 

Ill give it it a few hours to dry then start rubbing back sections to reveal the undercoats. 

I have used some Mr Surfacer on the bottom which when oversprayed with black and grey may represent barnacles, then a bit of rust and alge. 

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

Greg

Thought there would be madness in your methods ... That last picture where you stend besides you ship shows it ... You have still a ways to go before you get where you show us you want to go. Take in mind the navy is a tadd more strickt in maintenance ... although, they might have turned a wee bit slack during WWII. Looking forward to your next postings

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Some nice ideas among that lot Greg, she should look good.  The main stressed hull areas would be the water outlets/discharge area and rust streaks from angles/joined equipment  where water would collect.  Some rust would develop from the anchor and cable rubbing on the hull also.  In 1945 I think extreme long periods of action may have been very few for Japanese Navy?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

And as you have to use the chipping product ASAP, the upper hull is painted, then chipped. It makes all the work on the hull plates worth it now (the glue on the bow gave way of course) as there was no detail at all. 

It looks a bit stark but this is the first level of weathering. 

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

Greg

Looking good Greg; she sure has been working hard.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

So you like these holidays, Mr Bunny!?

Well done Greg. The brass were just sinle straight strips or segments of the deck? I think I would prefer the single straight strips to segments, although it would take more time, less chance to make a mess ...

Carl

Admiral interference !!! Certainly no static ... chores, should be nice if those were shipyard related, but oddly enough they never are ... Shouldn't have mentioned my back was doing better!

Carl

That last post isn't something to like. Hope it isn't very serious, i.e. the surgery. I quit sucking on sticks 7 1/2 years ago. I got floored by a pneumonia, which made it easy for me, else I would still be smoking like a Mississippi river boat ... having a fag and coffee for brekkie.

As I'm not much for a bear (but for size) the bride can poke what she wants ... maybe I get something done this week as the weather is changing into cats and dog stuff ... Let me know when they will carve you up, and if they made a decent job of it.

You could bring your ow CA if they plan to glue you back together again ;)

Cheers mate

Carl

It's amazing how quickly your lungs will restore after you quit smoking. A year after quitting, it will feel like you never smoked before. 

It's been over three years since I quit and am so happy I did. Just decided one day I had enough and made my mind up to do it. Never looked back. The benefits of non smoking outweigh any brief urge to light up. 

The major down side of quitting is weight gain. Be careful with that.

A small update after a lot of off ship detail done up. The deck vents and skylights, and the rear deck depth charges. Lots and lots to go yet then more weathering. 

You can see from the base pre cut deck what a difference the aftermarket can make. Apart from a few moulded boxes everything else is replaced. 

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4571.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

Greg

Just amazing Greg, the weathering and the PE detailing just look awesome....picks chin off floor....

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Stunning workmanship! Really like the first and last photos in particular.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)