IJN Light Cruiser Isuzu 1945 by RGL - Aoshima - 1/350 - Plastic - Finished

She looks great Greg; she should take pride of place in your display area.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

the difference in the deck alone is something to admire.......hard to remove all that molded crap!   you've really made some superb progress since I last looked in ;)   I wish I had your weathering abilities.........just green with envy.   very nicely done!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I've just put the guns together and I think my eyesight is going! The next tranch of stuff is ready for painting. The Flyhawk provided 12.7 guns are just poor copies of the Veteran models ones, I put them together and the tolerances were soo poor I gave up on them and ordered new ones. 

Greg

Primer added to the next bits, and I've died the 6 splinter shields amidships for the triple 25mm's. I have to weather them yet, and some kind of gutters that run along sides as well. 

I have seen 1 video on Utube where a bloke weathers a ship's deck using pastels, so it's my turn. A mix of soot, rust, burnt umber and a touch of white ashes. It's filthy. Just the look I want. You can see contrast from port to starboard. 

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

Greg

A major part of the build complete, 13 triple 25mm's and 17 single's. I used blackener to do up the 56 individual barrels and magazines and made up and painted the housings separately. 

I had had a plethora of ammo boxes left after my Yamato and this sucked up a LOT of them. 

Also added are 6 davits and the jackstaff and 2 smoke generators on the stern that I got from a very rare Japanese set. 

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4649.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

Greg

Overall it looks superb. Those guns you just finished are great, too. The 25mm singles are particularly nice. But it's easy to recognize the potential eye strain they present when building. 

Have never seen a set in person, but the Fine Molds injection molded guns look quite nice from pictures I've seen. Not easy to find in this country, unless ordered directly from Japan through Ebay.

With all the weathering, this lady looks like a tramp next to her hughe sister. She should be in dry dock for an overhaul ... Those guns look astonishing mate, I wouldn't be surprised if your eyes need a holiday after finishing those.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

She certainly looks like she has done some 'hard yards', some nice techniques there Greg.  Good luck with the procedure.

cheers

Pat

good luck Greg....hope everything goes well and the recovery is quick :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Greg, great detailing of Isuzu. Best of luck with your "plumbing repairs". Hope it's a fast recovery.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

20 cm :wacko: and they take orders for your models :huh: I've got to get downunder ... Hope you are doing fine, Greg, and as Mr Bunny wrote: "Don't over do anything and get plenty of rest." We are used to waiting ... although somehow I never get used to it!

Take care mate!

Cheers

Carl

Carl

Great to hear all went well Greg; see you at the modelling desk again in due course.

cheers

Pat

I'm home. I did up the focsle deck equipment before I went away. The deck comes from Flyhawk but r ally offers nothing else. The Capstans, brakes hawser covers etch are all from Crysanthum, a very obscure Japanese company which has first rate resin and PE but I think has probably gone out of business as it's so hard to find. The anchors themselves are just stick on things that will do for the build. 

Weathering, then chain, chain stoppers and throw the anchors on. 

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

Greg

Wow

what a lovely build

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Nice details again Greg. It seems you coudn't sit still anyway ... that "subtraction" doesn't seem to bother you a bit! Appreicate your urge to update

Take care now

Cheers mate

Carl