Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I couldn't decide where to place my query as the margins for the subject are so wide. The answers are so vast, it almost becomes complex.


I'm building the Smit Rotterdam by Billing Boats 1:75 scale. I am about to start sanding. I have applied non-polyester resin and 3/4 oz fibreglass cloth to the inside of the hull. Solid as a church! Looks great.


Most builders share either home made ideas or suggest fillers by brand name. This serves well if you're near the same county, province, state or country. 


I want to fibreglass the outside of my hull after I have it all filled and sanded smooth. I'd like to know what type of filler is compatible with the type of resin / fibreglass I am using?


Much appreciated mates.😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...