Wasa by Lin Feng - Sergal - 1:60

Your built looks great, will follow with interest.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

As usual the great, skillful and well crafted work of yours!

Loveto see it :-)

All the best, Daniel

Thanks for your nice words. Good sources are the photos from the 1:10 model at the Wasa museum in Stockholm, the book "Vasa I, the Archaeology of a Swedish Warship of 1628" and also the book "Wasa" written by Wolfram zu Mondfeld.

• 3 months later...

Nice work on the treenails and hull. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Lin,

Super nice. Your weather deck gratings have been perfectly captured. Beautiful. Also your canon carriages are perfect, along with everything else as well. I will enjoy following your build.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the treenails are not so visible after the sanding. In the meantime I cut the small window in front of the lower galery, which is missing on the 1:10 model at the vasa museum, but it can be seen on the original. I also made the scupper holes outboards, and the planking of the maindeck. As you can see, there is no system of the planking schema, which wasn't also on the original, according to the research of the museum.

Lin Feng

post-436-0-73941600-1376892667_thumb.jpg

post-436-0-14561100-1376892686_thumb.jpg

post-436-0-90099300-1376892702_thumb.jpg

post-436-0-08383700-1376892727_thumb.jpg

post-436-0-08540500-1376892752_thumb.jpg

post-436-0-36744300-1376892778_thumb.jpg

Lin,

nice build!

What finish have you in mind? Even if the treenails are not that much visible now, they might provide more contrast after you apply the finish (Danish oil?) because of their different material and because of the end grain.

Janos

Thanks for your message. That's what I have in mind. The Danish Oil is already on stand by. But I will apply the finish later, when all the gluings are completed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also building the Mantua Sergal Vasa and I am stuck. I  can't figure out how the first layer of planking on the sides meets the first layer of planking at the stern. It seems that they meet in mid air and not attached to anything. Can someone send a close-up picture of how this planking joins together.  A detailed explanation would also help.

Thank you.

Attached is a picture of the Mantua Panart Victory 1:78 scale that I recently completed.

dkettl

email: e-mail address removed by moderator to prevent spamming.

post-8718-0-55794500-1385739182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anja
If you want to share e-mail addresses or telephone numbers, please send a personal message. Non-members can read this as well.

Dkettl.

Ask your planking question here:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/14-building-framing-planking-and-plating-a-ships-hull-and-deck/   I think you'll get more eyes on it and more answers.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 months later...