Amerigo Vespucci by Don Jane - Mantua - Scale 1:100

Here is my Log for my Amerigo Vespucci - So far I have the super structure done and I'm ready to finish putting the decks on, and to fill in time as I wait for glue to dry, I am starting to build the Life Boats - this is quite small and challenging but fun to do - there are 11 of these small boats so there is lots to do . I have one small issue with the decks - The lower deck is a different shade than the 2 upper decks, as you can see in the photo - does anyone have any ideas as to how how I can get both decks the same shade - I dont want too use a dark stain as I like the look of a lighter  color on this ship !

I am finding this kit to be of very good quality - the laser cuttings are very accurate - One thing I am having problems with are the English instructions - Very poor details and I wish there was a color instruction book like some of the other kits I have built, but it is just another challenge to overcome and we will get it done - This build is going to likely take a year to complete but it will be worth it, as it will be a very beautiful ship !

• 1 month later...

• 7 months later...

Finally, I have another post - I have the hull completed and a lot of the deck fittings and I have the small fleet of rescue boats all done except for the finish painting - the masts are complete and are ready to rig !!

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0086 2.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sorry im not very good at posting in my log, but here is my finished project - I had a lot of fun doing this model and enjoyed all the GREAT detail !! I am very happy with the results - I now have it in its display case and on display in our Condo lobby

IMG_0175.jpeg

• 3 years later...

Don,

I am a new member and was considering acquiring the Occre version of the Amerigo Vespucci from Model Expo.

This is a very nice build. You should be proud to have it on display in the lobby area. I am sure you get compliments on it.
I am trying to finish up an old Scientific model of The Cutty Sark I have had for years but didn’t have the time to complete.

Your build may sway me to go ahead and purchase it.

Great build.

Steve