HMS Fife by Kevin - Fleetscale - 1/72 - SOLD

Super nice looking launcher Kevin.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

models have come a long way........all resin?!?!   the launcher looks a lot better now that it'a painted :)   nice added deck detail.......is the deck to be painted or planked?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

it is steel, but i have a lot of non slip strips to but on, doing it in evergreen (other makes of plastic strip are available from good model shops and the internet)

like in this photo from the pointy end of the same class of ship

The other bits will go on much later as i still have to make winches lockers etc

NOT MY PHOTO

21617787_10215194664368549_1193768294907254000_n.thumb.jpg.d168c6c4949a59b0d62c31aaa2497ec6.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

still can't get over the white anchor chain........wouldn't expect it,  considering it's function.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

still can't get over the white anchor chain........wouldn't expect it,  considering it's function.

At a quess i would say that the sea training staff were riding and if it moved it was hidden, if rigid then it was painted

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

At a quess i would say that the sea training staff were riding and if it moved it was hidden, if rigid then it was painted

I think whites chains go back to ww2  if not ww1  certainly on my warspite they are white.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Good evening everyone, are you sitting comfortably? i want to tell you a story......

once upon a time, well the last couple of days

made a full top for the after smoke stack

[W5mfNF8]
[59FSkJ2]
[f04nmJi]
been sanding and cleaning joints for quite a while now and decided to give the superstructure a base coat, to see what needs to have more attention paid to it
[wsL7N9t]

the other reason for this is that there are now bits that need to be added, like platforms etc and so i knew everywhere pior to that point  will have had a least one coat of primer

the hanger roof needed to have to extension added, simple enough
[6932JWh]
but they never reached the sides as if they were to small, infact what this did was bring to light a mistake of my making when I made the superstructure out of MDF

this is when I should have spotted the error

[JZln3Wh]

this what i ended up with, although i never took a photo at the time i have cut a section out to the correct size
[wcJtyiA]
this is where the error occured, this plaform is in the correct position, but i had to cut some of it off to sit flush and the correct width from the superstructure
[EVKrBbG]

where the arrows are is where the mistake was made, the dotted lines are below the platform (and not ignored by me),  this is the amount of hull i had to cut out and the amount off platform that had to be removed
[FOt4vmW]

this is the only photo i can find to show you what i mean (just above the red vent) it is flush with the hanger roof extention
[RnscNDT]

this is the state of play until this friday
[JJPSyQw]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Great work kev,  isn't she looking super, the grey primer  really blends it all together.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Smoke stack looks great and even a minor setback is progress. You'll get there Kevin.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

the fact that you caught it this early,  means that the fix won't be too big a job.   scratch building at it's finest ;)   you'll straighten it out in fine shape!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good evening everyone

I have an update
it took a bit longer than anticipated, but im happy with it so far
we left her in a bit of a sad state last weekend, when I realised that i had not read the plans properly, and as a result never took the superstructure in at the right place
[JJPSyQw]

new infills panels
[FB9RdLR]
[QVURQiq]

and new templates for the platforms made
[JbWFu5A]
the hanger roof is still removeable
[OoTr5W3]
[UJxHsLK]
another primer coat to find bits thet require more work, LOL (lots of that)
[UJxHsLK]
[sUcolM3]

[5PPdPGq]

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Wow Kevin, nice work on that fix.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Very nice indeed   she is really coming on and looking superb,  keep up the momentum kev  you are creating a real  superb piece of art.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Good evening everyone

been doing some detail work, with the help of a bit of artistic licence, this is the end panel on the flight deck 

h9DfQyB.jpg

JihWszP.jpg

bXrDUit.jpg

DyuQ1wS.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looking great.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Nice doors Kevin, did you make them?

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

6 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Nice doors Kevin, did you make them?

THE doors came from Fleetscale, I need about another 10 to go on the after superstructure 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

came out great Kevin :)    very nice fix!   imagine how she'll look when you have done it all over the structures........sweet!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good evening everyone

what have i done this weekend

Well i taught myself how to solder, (very badly though), but i am sure i can get better

i wanted to sort the lighting out in the hanger

so i used two brass strips as the connections and proceeded to attach the positive and negitives to seperate sides but with that came a load of failures, did some damage to parts i wasn't working on but nothing is lost and can be replaced, 3mm Leds for the white lighting and led strips for the red, both have there own power source and are both remote control 

YuLXB6R.jpg

this was a failure as i had to much wire  and to many were crossing each other, so as a result the hanger roof didnt fit

1LLPYTJ.jpg

1gI8SS2.jpg

reverse side before a tidy up

8Fq82B5.jpg

1Bw46xD.jpg

S4YmRNC.jpg

red lighting not so in your face

wXz5xLk.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Love the lighting  really adds to the build.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Nice work on the lights, Kevin.  I like the effect of white for day and red for night.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

2 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Nice work on the lights, Kevin.  I like the effect of white for day and red for night.

far to bright but i can reduce that brightness down to 25%, and make it do all sorts of other things that RN warships are not known for doing

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Incredible detail on that hangar roof Kevin and I figured that the lights could be manipulated. Very nice effect.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

I wonder if a dimmer switch can be added to the circuit.  without some sort of regulator,  the lights will be at full power,  depending on the power supply you decide to use.   it's a very nice effect you've achieved  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Sorry i never made my original post very clear, the lights are remote control but also adjustable , the phots show them at 100% but are dimable to  off, plus different sequences, non of which are used much by the Royal navy in their lighting configurations, i might try a video this weekend to show how it works, although im not sure that this site allows it, but could YouTube it

HOBBY HMS FIFE 105 (114).JPG

HOBBY HMS FIFE 105 (115).JPG

61wmIGWT6AL._SX856_.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone, and another little update, and another apology for not catching up on others work, 
still continuing on the after superstructure

all doors in place at deck level
hanger door in folded position are made but not yet secured
vents in the process of being scratched
the smaller ones around the hanger door pillar, were bought from Modelling timbers, and 4 of the 12 are fitted

hanger doors, i made the required then put spacers inbetween to give the desired look, not 100% sure how i will fit then yet
[mp3mRi8]
[R7NCgjj]
[fxiPMuk]

I need to make quite a lot of vents, im fine with the big ones, and practice is making me better at it
[0sM9nxQ]
[KtGvnaQ]
[IBWgmXG]
[pZsnV0j]
[G7yxqJq]
[1icjSil]
the lower one will not be seen very much, so of the three i made today, this one was not 100% to my liking and will go there for now

[MNQWExK]
[x4BpVkS]
[aLQ8Zai]
tonight she looks quite a lot like this

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looking really nice kev  great work.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Those vents and doors look pretty convincing Kevin. Great job!

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

the more you add,  the better she looks!  :)    I agree....the vents look great.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

NOT MT PHOTO

from the angle of my last photo, i managed to find this

030_hms_antrim_25_october_1982.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished