HMS Fife by Kevin - Fleetscale - 1/72 - County-class destroyer - SOLD

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I would think that the doors are all the same......only doors that are different size might look a little different.  the biggest thing to look out for,  would be the way they open in different situations....you don't want to use a left hand door in a right hand situation  ;)    nice progress with the added detail......odd looking launchers.

Good evening Popeye, 

this is the odd looking launcher 

Corvus chaff launcher is a British Shipborne chaff decoy launching system manufactured by Vickers Ltd Shipbuilding Group.

Corvus (UK service designation Outfit ULC) is a lightweight, quick reaction system for the self-defence of surface vessels against surface-to-surface and air-to-surface missiles.

Chaff dispensing rockets are fired to form a radar decoy screen around the vessel.

The system comprises two multi-barrelled rocket launchers, a launcher control and firing panel and Chaff (radar countermeasure) rockets. Corvus offers distraction and centroid operating modes, with the two differing from one another in the azimuth angle at firing and the range at which chaff is released. The equipment's firing and control panel is ideally located in the host vessel's combat information centre and has a maximum load of 16 chaff rockets provides protection against three missile attacks before reloading.

Physically, Corvus features a cylindrical rotating structure that carries eight launching tubes mounted in two sets of three (one above the other) and crossed at 90° in azimuth. Two further tubes are set above this arrangement and are aligned midway between the other tubes, all at a fixed elevation of 30°. A deck-mounted pedestal supports the rotating structure on its training bearing and houses a self-contained electrical power conversion unit for the control circuits and associated electrical equipment. The training drive consists of a gearbox driven by a reversible motor.

Image result for CORVUS CHAFF LAUNCHER PHOTO

NOT MY PHOTO

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

that's a much better picture that the other link showed ;)   really neat!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I would think that the doors are all the same......only doors that are different size might look a little different.  the biggest thing to look out for,  would be the way they open in different situations....you don't want to use a left hand door in a right hand situation  ;)    nice progress with the added detail......odd looking launchers.

lol i didnt think anyone read my post anymore, i feel a bit lost on here nowadays not playing with wood, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

lol i didnt think anyone read my post anymore, i feel a bit lost on here nowadays not playing with wood, 

I follow your work with kind interest kev,  its not just a plastic build - its not a wood build, its not a out the box kit,   its far more than that - its scale and  work level is what makes it even more interesting, I think the main element is taking youe time and re thinking and studying what you want to do.

Please keep up the enthusiasm and the posts/pics  I know not just me but others will feel the same on here.

All the best  Collingwood.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

it doesn't matter what your modeling with........it's impressive what you've done so far.   if you post a link to some expanded info on what your doing,  I'm surly gonna look at it.   your doing a great job thus far....keep up the good work ;)   what is chaff made up of?  gotta be something if it knocks out radar.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Rest assured Kevin, I am following faithfully but may not always add a comment. I am learning from your model in how you are able to use different materials to achieve what you are after. Your object to completion is getting your model as close to how she was when you served on her, an admirable goal.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I’m another who follows with interest, though don’t often comment, Kevin. Please keep up the great work as we are all enjoying watching your progress on this.

Thanks for the comments everyone, very much appreached

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,I too follow your build and a sterling job you are making of it too. One question if I may,was the Wessex kept out tied down and bagged on the helideck most of the time. If not,it must have been a real pain to get it in and out of that sideways hangar on a regular basis. Blade folding for sure and probably also the pylon. Keep up the good work :cheers:

Dave :dancetl6:

1 minute ago, davyboy said:

Hi Kevin,I too follow your build and a sterling job you are making of it too. One question if I may,was the Wessex kept out tied down and bagged on the helideck most of the time. If not,it must have been a real pain to get it in and out of that sideways hangar on a regular basis. Blade folding for sure and probably also the pylon. Keep up the good work :cheers:

Good evening Dave the helo spent a lot of time in its cage, and was a real pain to get in and out, and dangerous in adverse weather her next owners (Chileans) did want we should have done and sorted that problem out, we also could have got a good few more years out of the Batch 2's

the attached phots shows part of that process

21751279_10213488302218823_4875919617197738979_n.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

did they make a new structure,  or did they install an elevator to move the helicopter below deck

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Didn't they do these to them -

OC.

county_class_destroyer_2.jpg

Current builds  

Completed works.

Thanks Kevin,

Thought that might be the case,poor design in my eyes. The Chilean Navy had the right idea. I worked offshore in the late 70's with a Sikorsky S 58t,similar to the Wessex but powered by a P&W PT6 T6 twinpac. Had to get a "dead one" cleared off the helideck to one side. It took a dozen of the rig workers to manhandle it over the helideck netting. That was on a production platform which didn't pitch and roll like a ship.

Regards,

1280px-DN-SD-02-01997.jpg

i believe the hanger conversion gave a new lease of life to the 4 batch 2's of about 10 years,

Changes in warfare tactics killed the GMD of for us, Her weapon systems just took up to much space, and with defence cuts they quickly got moved on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

1280px-DN-SD-02-01997.jpg

i believe the hanger conversion gave a new lease of life to the 4 batch 2's of about 10 years,

Changes in warfare tactics killed the GMD of for us, Her weapon systems just took up to much space, and with defence cuts they quickly got moved on

Almost like a  T42  influence with f deck over the rear,  but what a good allocation of space

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

yep.......it reminds me more of the Jeanne D'Arc.   I built t because of this vessel  ;)   strange coincidence that I got that kit when I did....spooky! 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Good evening everone

Seaslug launcher

decided its about time to go to the quarterdeck and see if i can make some progress there

the launcher wasn't cheap but was aware of that fact before i started the build, being 3d printed it is fragile if incorrectly handled but sturdy if handled with care 

the instructions are clear, but there are not that many bits anyway, and i states that there is so much more that can be done to make it look like the real thing

i have tried tonight to add a few bits on but the true effect will not be see until the rattle can have done its magic

IMG_2173.thumb.JPG.8395d95edab292c6f8ee3d5ec3ebee72.JPG

IMG_2174.thumb.JPG.1263b4dc0e01c4da6d476f66a4b7fc94.JPG

IMG_2181.thumb.JPG.71df214e54b3d52c38724e63ba78c766.JPGIMG_2182.thumb.JPG.426cccbc337a3ec66978d2689072760f.JPGIMG_2180.thumb.JPG.c0719b53b451eb9824446cd3624ba856.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

WOW  that looks smart and the detail  it so brings the rear section to life,   lovely work kev.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

there is some framework on the front wall behind it.  is it loaded from inside the structure?  looks really neat  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

13 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

there is some framework on the front wall behind it.  is it loaded from inside the structure?  looks really neat  :) 

Tell you what - those things are Huge, I stood next to one as a kid and they are massive.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

Yes Dennis the magazine loading  is just behind it but the whole space beneath the flight deck was the magazine, i will attempt the loading frame work later 

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Seaslug loading, goes to show just how much space was reqired

seaslug.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin.

On 23/01/2018 at 8:17 PM, Kevin said:

Off course we do. Wood plastic metal it's all modellng no matter how you look at it.

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

Seaslug launcher

Wow that's kinda delicate just to look at but very nice.

Make a detailed drawing of the framework just in case someone gets clumsy. Then you can easy make a new framework out of brass tube.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

One seaslug launcher, not finished, but other things to be getting on with, and first time ever posting from my mancave with the tablet

20180127_194541.jpg

20180127_194504.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

That looks the business superb painting kev.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

38 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

That looks the business superb painting kev.

OC.

i needs a bit of a tidy up in places, there is so much more detail that can be added, but for now i need to finish up the quarterdeck, here it is at present

IMG_2136.JPG

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

i needs a bit of a tidy up in places, there is so much more detail that can be added, but for now i need to finish up the quarterdeck, here it is at present

IMG_2136.JPG

Your doing a great job kev, keep remembering the sheer scale of her,  that makes it all the more remarkable what you are doing.:cheers:

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Good morning 

From the mancave

20180128_121236.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looking great kev,      have you seen the kits over at Atlantic Models, they have a 1/350 scale resin kit of HMS Glamorgan,  it looks superb.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Oc i wasnt aware of this kit, i have posted the link for anyone interested

http://www.steelnavy.net/AtlanticGlamorgan350Bustelo.html

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished