Zoly,

I wish you hadnt posted that.  Shaking my head in disbelief.  :default_wallbash:Within five minutes of your post,  it was reported to the staff and I received a few PM's as well. 

you do know that book is copyright and the author is actually still alive and kicking.   Many of our members know him personally.  You should really buy that book to support him rather than download and steal PDF versions and also offer them to anyone who asks.  It is my understanding that you have quite a collection of bootlegged Anatomy of the ship books, and others ..... often sharing and exchanging them through this site digitally.

We cant allow such behavior at MSW.  It is a violation of our rules and unethical no matter how you slice it.  You have been a member for so long it baffles the mind how you could post that....still shaking my head in bewilderment.   

Chuck

Thanks Ken. It's on the way.

Chuck- it did not occur to me that a PDF copy would be a copyright violation. With all the e- everything, including books, I thought it was legitimate. My apologies. I like to think I am more ethical than this.

Bye the way, it appears that the book is out of print. Even the Constitution Museum store where I ordered it 3 weeks ago can't get a copy.

When I see prices like those on not-rare books I always figure that the seller doesn't actually have a copy.  They put up a crazy value to keep a listing and if anyone actually pays for one then they have a lot of margin to pry one out of the library of someone willing to sell.  Just my theory but I'm certainly not going to try to test it out!  Although maybe I'd sell my copy for $195 if someone were wealthy enough to offer it!!!

Good hunting Michael - if I stumble across a good price I'll let you know.

OOP books have different copy right regulations, those differ also per country. It should be worth looking into those regulations, for it might be that passing a pdf of an OOP book to someone else is not prohibited or prone to copy right infringements ...

Not in the US for a book still under copyright protection. 

The AOS books are reprinted at some point - I bought several OOP AOS books for a reasonable cost and less than 6 months later they were all reprinted - at a higher price than I paid but there went my plans to make a profit on ebay. :default_wallbash:

Kurt

5 hours ago, ca.shipwright said:

A world wide search turned up 42 copies for sale. Prices were $195.00 to $4995.00 (no typo).

I've seen some Asian sites with ridiculous prices. Apparently they list them in Hong Kong Dollars and fail to convert to US Dollars, hence the huge "price".

:cheers:  Danny