Muscongus Bay Sloop by paulsutton - Radio - Finished

Hi all I have not been around for a while busy with life I guess. 

I have just finished a RC sailing boat using a fiberglass hull of a Muscongus Bay Sloop made by a guy I met down at the local lake one Sunday sailing a 1 MT class yacht.

We got to talking and he offered to sell me the hull for around $50 plus a handful of wood and lead for the keel ballast.

So I set about building her using a Gaff rig and twin jibs, I already had the rc gear left over from my model aircraft days although its a 8 ch set Overkill for a 2 ch yaucht.

Took me a few months to get her finished as I had never built a yaucht before lucky for me my dad is a shipwright and a accomplished sailor from way back.

had to build everything from scratch including the sails from witch I made out of cotton poplin.

made a fiew stuff ups for instance I made the boom half the length it should have been and had to make a second set of jibs as the first set were compleat crap I still have to re make the mainsail as the luff has a sag in it. 

anyways her are some picks of her My wife asked me to name her Wiggles after our red kelpie who loved walking around the lake sadly se passed at the age of 18.

WP_20170625_10_40_10_Pro-1.jpg

WP_20170606_14_51_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20170613_09_33_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20170625_10_40_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_14_52_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20170606_14_52_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20170613_09_34_50_Pro.jpg

• 3 weeks later...