gjdale

Fantastic model and wildly interesting!

Bob

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm so glad I found this thread. I was lucky enough to picked up this model kit at an auction some years ago here in Sydney. I was really disappointed to find that while all the pieces were present, the lithograph wing plan was missing. 
I emailed the company, Davincistore to see if I could get hold of it, but  I got no response.
I was wondering if anyone on this thread has a copy of it that they might be willing to copy and send me? I'd be happy to pay for it, as without the plan, I don't think I can build the kit. (I'm sure it's actually possible, but I am not certain of my skills, and would much prefer to start the project with all the bits in hand.)
Anyway, If anyone is able to help, it would be much appreciated. 
Cheers

Damian

Hi Damian,

Today is your lucky day! I happen to have a spare copy of the lithograph wing plan that I’m happy to send you. If you’d like to PM me with your postal details, I’ll get it in the post for you on Monday.

• 6 months later...

Gjdale, I know this is an old thread, but I was really hoping you might still have your instructions for this model. I was given this model kit by a friend. He had started it many years ago, but he never finished. Unfortunately, he didn't give me the instructions. Is there any way I can get a copy of your instructions. I've looked all over the internet, and I can't find the instructions anywhere. It looks like the da vinci store website is closed permanently. 

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dib01,

You are in luck! I just happen to have scanned the instructions when I was building the kit as I didn’t want to work from the originals. If you send me a Private Message (PM) with your email address, I’ll send you a PDF copy of them. I do also still have a spare copy of the lithograph (which you will need for constructing the wings). I’d have to post that one via snail mail, but I’m sure we could work that out too.

• 1 year later...

Beautiful job . I have this kit but the instructions and the litho are missing.

So, it is essentially a box of sticks and bags of hardware ive had for over 20 years. If you have the instructions or can send me photos of them, I’d greatly appreciate it as the company seems to have gone out of business. ( and quiet some time ago)
I agree, the quality of the wood, especially the stand , is sub par so I’ll likely turn a new pedestal for it but what I’ll likely do is hang it from the ceiling or an armature.

Best,

Dan