Byzantium by qwerty2008 - RADIO - Scale 1: 20 - based on the Pride of Baltimore

It will take some time for those things to come in.  A lot will depend on what kind of Guard units are in your area.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

I am leaving for Vegas today to work at a tech convention. The money I make will go towards a missions trip my church is planning so I won't be getting paid.
A small update on the National guard, I decided to join the Airforce instead and am thinking about going active duty.

Lextin.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein.

Military might not be a bad option especially the Air Force, Lextin.   They now, as I recall still have the college fund in place and you can take college credit courses (depending on duty station, etc.) while on active duty.  On plus side, you'll get to see some of the world or at least the US... depending.  On the negative, shipbuilding might or might not be an option depending on the duty station.

Have fun at the convention....

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

My Model building will take a hit, but to kickstart my life it would be worth it. After my first enlistment, I can do Air reserves and get a civilian job using skills learned in the military. I wouldn't have any major bills/expenses while on active duty so a large portion of my pay could be set aside for when I get out.

Lextin.

Edited by qwerty2008

When I was in the AF I was able to leave base whenever I was not on duty.  I worked for a jeweler in town, for no pay, just to learn how to repair watches.

Good luck and God bless.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

You have a good plan, Lextin. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 9 months later...

I realize it's been over 9 months since my last post. I seem to have lost track of time as it feels like it was just yesterday that I put the Byzantium in my closet. Since my last update, I have had some setbacks in joining the Air Force but everything has been sorted out. I'm currently getting ready to leave as I ship out to basic this Monday. I managed to get aircraft hydraulic systems (2A6X5) which was my number 2 pick so I'm pretty happy.

In other news, my cat Chica died a few months ago due to fluid build up in her abdominal cavity. I loved that cat and hated to see her go but, the timing was good as now I don't have anything holding me back from leaving.

Lextin.

Lextin,

It's great that you got everything sorted out but I am sorry to hear about Chica.  Hydraulics is a good choice... I'm glad you got what you wanted and able to start a new adventure.  Stay in touch with us occasionally, ok?

Edited by mtaylor

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 2 months later...

It's great to hear from you.  What tech school are you in and what specialty are getting trained in?

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the promotion, Lextin.   Well done.   I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas and a great new year.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad, Lextin.  But at least it will be protected while you're out having an adventure.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 1 month later...

You can sure carry your RC in that.  Well done.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Congrats on the Jeep, Lextin!!!!!

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. I don't get on here much but hopefully that will change soon as I have acquired a new piece of tech. The  device in question is a 3D printer. The filament I ordered won't arrive until Tuesday but the machine did come with enough to make a few prints.

Lextin.

post-1993-0-00750300-1487482472_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...