HMS Winchelsea - FINISHED - 1764 - by Chuck (1/4" scale)

Hace 1 hora, Chuck dijo:

Si tu quieres. Pero eche un vistazo a algunas expansiones de tablas para quintas tarifas. Ese entablado estilo ancla es correcto. No es algo que verías en un modelo contemporáneo tan a menudo. Pero es históricamente correcto mostrarlo con tablas de esa manera. PERO es un pequeño “fregadero de cocina” para mi gusto. Echa un vistazo a la serie de clases del cisne para ver un buen ejemplo de esa serie de libros. Por David Antscherl.

Si no se hace de manera ordenada y limpia, generalmente se ve bastante mal y realmente puede hacer que un modelo se vea descuidado. Así que proceda con cuidado. 

Muchas gracias por responder  Sr. Passaro. Tengo los 4 volúmenes de la clase Swan y estaba pensando en obtener las plantillas a partir de ahí.

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

On 6/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, Chuck said:

One is made entirely of Boxwood while the other is made almost entirely of Yellow cedar. 

While I am well aware of the qualitiies of boxwood, the cedar has more of a glow.

I look forward to seeing how it ages.. 

I wouldn't want to wait 200 years for the boxwood to take on the amber look that looks so well.😁

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

I decided to design and make the stove before I put any more beams in position.  I just wanted to have it ready when its time to glue it in permanently.  Usually when I design new mini-kits like this I have to make five or six of them.  I got lucky and this time everything went together perfectly on the first go around.  Unfortunately I didnt take any construction photos so I am going to have to make another one anyway.

Maybe it will come out even better the second time around.

Here are some photos.   Except for a 1mm brass rod and a bit of 24 gauge black wire, this stove kit is made entirely of boxwood, yellow cedar and laser board.  The pulley is laser board for example.  The close ups are pretty brutal but on the ship it looks really nice.  It was hard to photograph a black stove so you guys can see all the details.

stove6.jpg

stove4.jpg

stove.jpg

stove1.jpg

stove2.jpgstove3.jpg

stove5.jpg

Absolutely amazing. It's a perfect realism. You would never think that it is built from wooden elements. It is again a very high level mini-kit! And the paint job and weathering add the final touch of veracity. Thank you for this extraordinary work!

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

They moved it up to the gun deck.  It was a real mistake to have it on the lower deck.  They did the same with the pumps.  This was indicated on the original draft and other primary notations.  Its another difference between the contemporary model.   Changes shown in red....I have a few of these showing the update.

stovedraft.jpg

Chuck

Chuck can you tell us what you used for Weathering powder? I want to pick some up. Did you buy it from Amazon?

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

I got it from micromark years ago.  I cant remember what the name was but they have a few brands and color sets.  I have gotten several sets and they are all mixed up now but check them out.

I use artist acrylics from a tube.  I am using Grumbacher at the moment.  But I have also used Windsor and Newton.  

Chapter 7 laser cut parts are now available.  Please remember that if you are far from needing these parts, please refrain from buying them.  I will always have more made when these are gone.  Your fellow Winnie group builders that are up to this chapter in the process will thank you.  They have been eagerly awaiting its release.  As soon as I return which is on Wednesday,  I will start making the cherry version of chapter 7.  

Currently having fun somewhere in Virginia......either on a mountain or under it.....next stop Alexandria.

23DC0900-FF4D-4A86-A5E1-F58B15379C63.jpeg44465AF1-0C11-47E6-992B-64E4F2FBCD8D.jpeg9963F702-523B-4A28-9E33-181C6B64EA20.jpeg

Chuck

Hey Chuck, sorry if you have mentioned earlier, but what wood finishing did you use on the deck and hull? Or was it left in the natural state? 

Current: 

USF Confederacy - Model Shipways (Build Log)

HMS Pickle - Caldercraft (Build Log)

Complete:

Virgina 1819 - Artesania Latina (Gallery)

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways (Build Log, Gallery)

On the shelf:

Armed Virginia Sloop - Model Shipways

Chuck, I have decided to give the Weathering Powders a try. What do you use as the final coat to fix the powder? From what I have learned it has to be a spray of some kind. Since a brush will move the powder.

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Its already available.   Check the tab above for the “General discussions” area of the group project and you will find the topic on downloading monograph chapters.   Its been up there for two weeks and I announced it when I uploaded it.

Jim are you up to chapter 7….I havent seen any updates on your model since March.  I would love to see what your progress looks like.

Chuck I’ll post some photos in the next couple of days.

I usually download the plans from the Syren site. Never think about checking on MSW. Daaaa.

On the gun port covers you did not have a line for opening but I was planning on adding it. Would a cleat be added above or on the side of the gun port to secure.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Hey Jim, there is a build I have been following where this guy in Europe is constructing a section of hull of a 74 gun ship showing cannon arrangements and accessories.  He has cleats for each of the lower deck guns built onto the beams of the deck above. Here is the link to his blog showing the inside works.

Edited by bdgiantman2

14 hours ago, bdgiantman2 said:

Hey Jim, there is a build I have been following where this guy in Europe is constructing a section of hull of a 74 gun ship showing cannon arrangements and accessories.  He has cleats for each of the lower deck guns built onto the beams of the deck above. Here is the link to his blog showing the inside works.

This is good stuff. Would this accurately apply to the Winnie Chuck?

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

Yes indeed.  It would be pretty close.  like this.   With only one inboard tackle however.  But that is rarely shown as it wouldnt be out at all times.  But keep in mind we only have 4 lids per side.   So not as impressive as a two or three decker, LOL.

1_005.JPG.2e1c3e03a5736df4427ac2ddaf325efe.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, Chuck said:

complete the base for the case

Will some form of base be an option for purchase later (sorry if this has been answered)?

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose