Jump to content

Wilhelmina VII KW140 by kees de mol - Herringlugger 1914 - Scale 1/25


Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...

Thanks everybody for the kind reply and the likes. 

 

Jan: The navigation lights came out of my  modellingstash and they are made from plastic.

First I painted them black and after that a thin layer with coppercolour and some washes and drybrushing with oilpaint. I was very happy with result but maybe I add some more copperoxidation  for the effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roger Pellett said:

Kees,

 

What color did you use to paint the inside of the bulwarks?  It is the best representation that I have seen of the red lead paints that used to be widely used in the marine industry.

 

Roger

I used a spraycan from Motip. I hope to post a picture tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, kees de mol said:

After sanding the hull I placed a keel and I glued strips of thin plastic to simulate the hullplates. After this it was a lot of work to get a nice finish but it worked well.

25824618077_3aca34cc62_c.jpg

 

40474883194_ff6e5bf76c_c.jpg

 

40292100445_314719ae4f_c.jpg

 

27314716458_a9d6288329_c.jpg

 

41143991822_91dbc53488_c.jpg

 

40405766545_dd836c746e_c.jpg

 

I also made a rudder out of brass

27429419228_be34af37e2_c.jpg

 

41301847191_d5d278e545_c.jpg

 

41301850111_4001f3b97c_c.jpg

 

41259155972_9c754c5439_c.jpg

 

41259159072_9efb04c928_c.jpg

 

40405826105_29fa1ab296_c.jpg

 

41259161642_794e41756f_c.jpg

 

26430002777_2fff7b304a_c.jpg

 

amazing stuff Kees , i am watching

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 11:48 PM, kees de mol said:

Weer heel wat werk verzet aan de logger. De goot voor afvoer van buiswater is helemaal klaar en hierna ben ik alle staanders gaan inmeten en maken voor tegen de verschansing. Deze blijven nog losneembaar zodat ik ze straks los van de romp kan spuiten . Hierna ben ik begonnen aan de lastige klus van het potdeksel, maar dat ging gelukkig wel heel goed.

 

Translation kindly provided by Cog :D

 

Quite a lot of work done. The scuppers are finished, and after that I started measuring the braces for the bulwarks. These will remain removable for the time being, so I can spray them seperately from, the hull. After that I started on the "potdeksel" (don't know what it means in Dutch, let alone in English ... it is some kind of lid ...) which went well.

 
41243965505_cde853b0e1_c.jpg
 
41379867145_fe2222b67b_c.jpg
 
42345944642_0e7e4ed664_c.jpg
 
28522210378_6d9c66b1cd_c.jpg
 
41558742425_4e20ac4eaa_c.jpg
 
42461387921_24bf5a91b9_c.jpg
 
Ook een nieuwe lijmmethode gebruikt waar ik erg tevreden mee ben
 
28522204528_48c4936c3d_c.jpg
 
27525109987_2021a01260_c.jpg

 

wow this is the way to make complicated stern 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 12:39 AM, kees de mol said:

New progress on the herringlugger. I started to finish the outside of the hull with thousands of 'fake' rivets. For these rivets I used some glue or paint for clothes. I also gave the hull a solid layer of primer to seal the rivets. In reality the ship would have more, much more rivets but I keep it this way. Iam afraid more rivets will do more harm then good. Now I have the idea off a riveted hull without turning it into a hedgehog or something.

 

I am also starting to sealize that this ship take much more time than the smaller models that i built earlier. It seems like evything takes twice as much time. But fortunately the challenge remains great and I enjoy the building of the model and the thinking out of everything.

 

Thanks for watching, commenting and hitting the like button.

 

(Updates will take a bit longer in the future. After working as a volunteer now since January with elderly people with dementia, I got a job as a student nurse at a big healthcare organization. This after more than six years of being not capable of working because of my bad health. The training will start in february. I thank  my wife, my friends and God (and offcoarse the elderly people for stealing my heart😍) for these opportunities after so long being sick)

 

30688735978_38947dd897_c.jpg

 

43840874474_c5f8971aa1_c.jpg

 

42750297430_0e4cc2d6c2_c.jpg

 

44559165741_93b88c9c3f_c.jpg

 

42750304360_d02eef0e4f_c.jpg

 

29620935237_3a032dacdb_c.jpg

 

30688755258_e32da1ac2d_c.jpg

 

43649622615_dc917160aa_c.jpg

 

29620943397_d4687813c3_c.jpg

 

 

beautiful boat and work Kees. riveting adds up omph. eyecatcher. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Kees,  First time checking in on your build log.  OH MY, what a beautiful job you are doing, and a wonderfully detailed log.    I have often thought about a model of one of the freighters I sailed on in the 60s.  Your log tells me it can be done and gives me hope!!  

Allan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...