Scharnhorst by CDW - Halinski - 1:200 - Card Model

CDW

I saw an online build review of this 1:200 Scharnhorst kit and had to find one for myself. This fellow is an extraordinary modeler and does great justice to this kit:

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=155972

After I began searching for the kit, I realized it is currently out of print. But I was lucky and found the kit at GPM, along with all the photo etch, metal barrels, props, and anchors. The only thing they didn't have were the laser cut frames. I next ran across a shop named Freetime Hobbies in the Ukraine. They had the laser cut frames for this kit and I ordered them, but have not received them yet to photograph them. After reviewing the kit, I am glad I found the laser cut frames. They are extensive.

As you will see in the photographs, the photo etch is extensive with this set!

DSCN1200.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

Wow! We have had some ambitious card projects started around here recently. I wish you well on this one and look forward to seeing it come together.

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Trust me, I will not start this model until I get at least two simpler card models finished and under my belt. I may not find another one of these and don't want to screw it up.

I have your tutorial all lined up with my sheets printed out and all supplies, except I am waiting on a precision hole punch tool to arrive from Micro-Mark. That should give me a good start then I'll do something a little more complex before starting the "shiny horse".

Edited by CDW

• 1 year later...

I'm also looking forward to this build. Halinski are probably the best card kit maker, at least as far as I've found so far. Happy building :).

Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

• 1 year later...