Jeanne D'Arc by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Heller - 1:400 - PLASTIC

I haven't got another kit yet........I am working on it though.   the Jeanne came out pretty good,  but I feel I could do better.  I'll see what Santa brings and go from there :ph34r:   in the meantime,  I'll be working on Adam West's Batmobile......I almost had the Bat Boat >darn<.......but I also want to get the sawdust flying again :) 

you haven't lost me yet........still eagerly waiting for some major assembly on your build.....she is gonna look awesome when you get those missile batteries in place  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Great job, Denis.   Very nicely done and makes me want to try a plastic kit..  maybe someday.  Here's hoping Santa brings you something you want.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice work on this project Denis; I have just read through and it seems it had its challenges.

I had the pleasure of being aboard this vessel for about a week (on and off) as the Liaison guy for her visit to Australia for one of our national milestone celebrations  - brought back some great memories.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

thanks Mark....appreciate the good word  :)   thanks to you as well Pat ......I hope I did 'er right  ;)   it was a fun kit none the less.

thanks again to all who hit the like button  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Merry Christmas and a very good 2018 all in good health - to you and your dear bride.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

thanks Piet.........and to you and yours as well!   I'm the first one up.........SANTA CAME!!!!!!!! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

thanks Piet.........and to you and yours as well!   I'm the first one up.........SANTA CAME!!!!!!!! :) 

"What did you get - what did you get"

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

you'll have to got to the "what have you received today" thread to find out ;)    it was a super Christmas........all I can say  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 1 month later...

thanks Sam....the decals proved to be the biggest headache.   they were very fragile...and the kit lacked decals for the Helicopters,  so I had to make some.  thanks for the good word  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 1 year later...

Nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

thank you very much....I hadn't done a modern vessel in quite some time.  l may bring her back to the table and do the rigging.  one thing I wish they would include in these kit,  is a rigging diagram....I think it would be a huge benefit.   thanks again for putt'in the like to this build :)  I had a lot of fun with the helicopters. 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• The title was changed to Jeanne D'Arc by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Heller - 1:400 - PLASTIC