Bismarck by Semorebutts - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 scale - with MK1 detail set

OMG.........:stunned:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I guess that she will be really impressed....... or am I wrong?:dancetl6:

So far it has been with great delight that I have follow your progress - impressive (showed some pictures of PE where you can see the "smallness" - she was impressed but commented " I hope you are not going to build something as big as that"

Shamrock

5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

I hope you are not going to build something as big as that

What's stoppin' you

6 hours ago, semorebutts said:

So Im going to bring it to my girlfriends house.

Probably the wisest thing to do, i.e. as far as you are not allowed to build at her place ...!

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Hello,

Just came across your build and it looks very nice. HOWEVER I just checked my references to confirm what I thought looked odd.

The 3.7 cm twin AA didn't have any gunshields. Neither did the quadruple 20 mm AA on the fighting top. I wish I had seen your

build earlier to let you know. Bismarck was the only German ship which was extensively photographed as I guess they were

proud of their achievement. I have a couple of books and 1:100 plans of her and they all show her without the shields. 

Your model is otherwise really good.

Matelot

Hi Matelot thanks for stopping by!  The shields came with the veteran model gun kits. So I did 4 with shields and 4 without.   It's totally ok though I'm not to concerned about being super accurate. If I can just finish it and if some one who enters my home looks at it and says "thats cool" thats good enough for me :)

I was bored last night at 2am so I assembled one of the "mini kits"

IMG_1190.thumb.JPG.29ef2464bede51ffdda73bd94e68991d.JPG

Now I am installing some railings or rungs or whatever they are called. I'm not happy there's  glue everywhere!  They are with out a doubt the hardest PE to glue. I dread them everytime. 

IMG_1195.thumb.JPG.aecbc8662003b9ec18d3538562ad34fc.JPGIMG_1196.thumb.JPG.cbaa26b31b751868d92880ae9b48ff4d.JPGIMG_1197.thumb.JPG.4b9c272e2c8affcbbd095f89c4fe3770.JPG

Edited by semorebutts

2 hours ago, semorebutts said:

I'm not happy there's  glue everywhere!

All I can say is you're doing a damn good job of hiding it - I can't see any at all :D .

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi