Ship paintings

Vegaskip

That's a very nice painting Rob, and as you say sits very nicely in your themed library - quite the cosy snug uou have there!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Nice to see you posting your paintings again Jim. I know it has not really been all that long, but when I see a new one it always brings a little enjoyment to my day so I miss them when when they don't show up regularly. 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Lovely work! I found your watercolors awesome!

Congratulations,

Dan. 

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

HMS Dolphin passing St Abbs Head with some local inshore fishing craft
HMS Dolphin (1882) was a screw sloop launched in 1882. She served as a submarine depot ship in WW1 She foundered in 1925 but was beached then salvaged and used as a school ship in Leith. She was broken up in 1977. I did my 'Carering Boy' training in her , straight from school in 1956.

212EAA25-1787-4919-85F0-8ADB024019C9.jpeg

Vegaskip,

Upon leaving the Army after WWI my Grandad was a docker in Leith, Edinburgh. And one side of my family comes from Leith.

The Leith Docks warehouses are still intact but most have been coverted into shopping units and accommodation. The shoreline has changed a bit with new apartment blocks being built, shopping malls, restaurants etc. But the heart of Leith still remains the same. As does Leith Walk...apart from the monstrosity at the top, St James Shopping Centre.

I have many happy childhood memories staying with my Granny and Grandad in Leith.

All the best,

Richard

Everyone of you paintings is pure eye candy and feast for the eyes of detail and mood.  Just amazing work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)