drobinson02199

King of the Mississippi by drobinson02199 - FINISHED -- Artesania Latina - 1:80

Antony:

If you look at the third picture above your post, you'll see a semicircular guard on the inside of the third deck, which I assume was to keep passengers from getting close to the pipe.  That replaces the handrail at that point.

However, down on the second deck there IS a handrail and no internal guard, even though there would have been passengers and crew there who could get too close to the pipe.

I built it the way the model pictures and drawings show, but I suspect it's historically inaccurate on the second deck.

Regards,

David

Another adaptation:  one issue with this kit is the lack of any spares, and in some cases (eyebolts), some serious parts shortages.  And in many cases, you get just enough wood, and you have to be careful to use it up efficiently.

When it came time to make the forward mast, I found that I had just enough of the right diameter wood -- but in two pieces!  Earlier cuts of that diameter had left me with two shorter pieces in place of one just barely long enough. My choices were to either use a smaller diameter, or do what I ended up doing -- which is to create a two-part mast.  Looks kind of interesting.  The mast in the picture isn't varnished yet.

Regards,

David

Mast.jpg

Hi David.

That has been one enjoyable build... I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Top of the class in workmanship.

With the mods you have made it's turned ot to be a real masterpiece.

Congratulations of your compleasion of the Mississippi King.

Regards Antony.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.