RKR Varyag by RGL - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/350

she's got 16 tubes of bad karma on board........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I can live with this one Greg :)  Very nice effects and not overdone; your technique is really developing well.

As to those missiles - Carrier Killers - more rubble for your ruble :)

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

So when life gives you lemons make lemonade, so when Trumpeter gives you utter rubbish in the form of the ships boats, you put a tarp on it. 

I did up the kit provided helicopter and im not using it as it is also rubbish, so I’ve ordered an aftermarket one, given it will draw the eye. 

00CF5F3A-783D-418B-925B-C444261DDD2E.jpeg

79FCE370-BDB5-480C-A7A2-64CDBEDE79D6.jpeg

F80278D6-B842-4E70-B9DF-238E2703DDC5.jpeg

Greg

I wouldn't mind a lemonade ... Nice covered rubbish, mate. What did you use for tarpaulin, plastic bag? I love the paint, and weathering you've given her ... nothing to obvious ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

• 2 weeks later...

That's an impressive build and paint job Greg - that one can go straight to the 'pool room' (an Aussie reference for International viewers :))

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Just beautiful work, Greg.  Congratulations.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Superb work, Greg. You really make the ship come alive with the detailing and weathering.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

What a beautiful collection! Congratulations.

I see that the heavy books have been moved somewhere else.... very good idea.

So, what will be the next project? I cannot wait to read your Blog, again.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

4 hours ago, RGL said:

I’ll buy a box of beer on the way home 

Good idea on the beer. With this crowd you'll need it. :P

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

congratz on the finish Greg!  the ship looks absolutely awesome!  love the colors and the use of P.E. really adds a lot to her.   that's also a very nice collection of  ships there...superb display.

I've always liked Foster's here in the states.......is that a popular beer in your neck 'o the woods?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch