Lake steamer S/S Maaninka by Moxis - 1/25 scale - Finished

Moxis,

Again I am am amazed at the scale and exactness of your deck hardware, turnbuckles, davits, blocks, winch, the correctness of the wheelhouse, navigational aids. I could go on like a raving lunatic. This build (though many are a#1) is my favorite to date. Maybe the time period or the lines it is superb.

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Moxis,

Beautiful work.  I hope all goes well sailing her and she doesn't decide to be a submarine.    You've done a beautiful job.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 5 weeks later...

20180710_095538.thumb.jpg.6f353ed1864bcaacc03a85249e7ff760.jpgThank you all very much for your kind words! The ship has been standing on her cradle for a while now, and I have kind of lost interest in her because of new projects.

However now I have got back the lacking interest in her and have tried  her in the bathtub to see if she will keep on surface, and in which position. She proved to be too light, so more weight must be added. Because of this I decided to install at least two loudspeakers with a sound unit and amplifier inside her, and have it programmed with sounds of engine, original steam whistle and telegraf bell.

So hopefully there will still be a maiden voyage with a video in the future.

Edited by Moxis
to insert a picture

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks cog and amateur! I am working hard to produce the video that many people have wished. When I tested the rc equipment a few weeks ago, I noticed that the electronic speed control unit was dead. A new unit was ordered from China, and immediately when it arrives and is working correctly, I will make the video.