Blue Ensign

HM Cutter Cheerful 1806 by Blue Ensign - FINISHED - 1:48 scale

Congratulations Maurice,she looks beautiful. Looking forward to following your next build. I received my HMS Speedwell book & plans last week now looking forward with some trepidation to building her POB. A good deal more difficult (for me anyway) than my Cheerful (finished) was.

You should be getting an email from me later this week,Admiral has been away in Germany visiting friends hence the delay.

Dave :dancetl6: 

I also have to say the coins add a nice detail.  Well done as always, BE, and as one of the many who follow your work, I have to say thank you for sharing your historical knowledge and your skills.  Your logs have inspired us all.

But why no final picture of William?

cheers,

Martin

Posted (edited)

Congratulations indeed!  As we would presume to say here in your old colonies - "Now that's a Grand Slam of a job. 

Though it seems that you had good help from two of our colonist's businesses for supplies lol...

As always B.E. your work is superlative, and always a pleasure and learning experience to follow.

Cheers

Edited by md1400cs

Thank you Guys,  for your appreciation

@Dowmer - the figures are Amati 35mm  code 8008. I just used metal blackener to colour them.

@Ian -  Not quite decided on my next project yet. I do have Chuck's Longboat and Barge kits under the bench, but my interest is also aroused by the upcoming Alert kit from Chris.

@ Martin - Just for you, with his dockyard contract completed William  has taken to the meadows for a summer of  well deserved r&r

1816969188_DSC09224(2).thumb.JPG.6d1c3947fe045a10eeb7579ec35ff930.JPG

9224(2)

We'll be back. 🙂

B.E.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work. Beautiful ship model ! 😊

Looking forward to following your next build log .

Yet another congratulations on a job well done! You have much to be proud of so take a moment to enjoy the praise from all of us that have admired your efforts for quite some time.

Congratulations B.E.  :champagne-popping-smiley-emotic

Also the presentation with that group of blackened figures - showing quality but not drawing away attention from the main object - is another stroke of genius.

Cheers

Peter

Just caught up with your completed project. Many congratulations on another superb model. As ever, your logs serve as a great source of inspiration and ideas for the rest of us.

Best wishes

Derek

BE, 

A truly sterling masterpiece. It visually draws you to the period of the original Cheerful and must be a source of deep satisfaction to you ( once again ). 

Kudos,

Kurt

On 5/30/2019 at 9:37 PM, Kurt Johnson said:

BE, 

A truly sterling masterpiece. It visually draws you to the period of the original Cheerful and must be a source of deep satisfaction to you ( once again ). 

Kudos,

Kurt

Blue Ensign,

I could not say it better than Kurt has. Wonderful build that has encouraged me to take a stab at it. I have several builds in progress to the point of rigging and that frightens me so I put it off. Your build put my decision over the top. I have Chuck's plans and just ordered the wood for my build of the Cheerful today. 

I am looking forward to my build.

Thanks for the inspiration

Ric

Thank you all for your  kind comments🙂

As a footnote to the completion of my Cheerful build, as with Pegasus I indulged myself with a photo build album.

Today I received the Album.

723139919_DSC00207(2).thumb.JPG.aae2ab08ef37c80d7132abcbb5061d5f.JPG

1995387986_DSC00209(2).thumb.JPG.9831ec2a389a7248ddbf6d0497730f4f.JPG

89164014_DSC00208(2).thumb.JPG.f8cc8b564c69ae7e0c02481d6207ea57.JPG

382977086_DSC00210(2).thumb.JPG.f7ab2d06e0a4d96ea56feb82f68e5513.JPG

856103748_DSC00211(2).thumb.JPG.7f6707b050cba30b17c5785916ca3ee8.JPG

This particular one has 72 pages of 28 x 21cm full colour photo's produced by Vistaprint at a cost of £41.52 delivered.

Regards,

B.E.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, ccoyle said:

That's a wonderful idea. And I'm pleased to finally know your real name. 😉

I agree -- I think that's a great idea.  I might have to do that on one of my future builds.  It's add a lot to the ship and a great way to see the detail and time put into the model with out having to handle it or get out the magnifying glass...

Very nice build!!!!🙂👍

Sadly I missed your last steps in real time,  but the upside is that it allowed me to indulge in a 'binge' - the effort, skill, craftsmanship results speak for themselves in a beautiful model.  Well done indeed, an inspiration as always.

Posted (edited)

Just caught up BE. That's a great build. Love the touch of the coins on the base. It complements  the superb model nicely.

Edited by Timmo