Interesting new model ship company

Hi everyone, in my online travels I came across a new model company that provides kits for fully framed structural models. 

They are a new Japanese company. Their prices seem quite reasonable, and the quality looks very good. 

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://ship-model.net/%3Fwovn%3Den&prev=search

Cheers, E&T

I think there may be a teensy problem with the Google-translated page, since I'm pretty sure the French never had a ship named "La Clone."  

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Yes, agreed Druxey. It looks like he made a lot of accommodations to make a 3D structure from many flat 2D laser-cut parts. Also, I’d like to see some attempt to sand off those char marks. Still, one of the most interesting new kits lines I’ve seen in some time. I wonder how he’s been doing with them. 

Pretty sure about that: see what google translate gives as the (pronunciation of) the word 'clone' translated to Japanese :) sounds pretty much as couronne,.

the framing of these kits more resembles the englishdock-yard style (simplified, non structural frames) than the fully frames models that try togive the real structure. 

I still don't know whether or not I like these all pre-milled kits.....

Jan

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:52 AM, Erebus and Terror said:

Hi everyone, in my online travels I came across a new model company that provides kits for fully framed structural models. 

They are a new Japanese company. Their prices seem quite reasonable, and the quality looks very good. 

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://ship-model.net/%3Fwovn%3Den&prev=search

Cheers, E&T

VERY interesting indeed! These models look really good. Has anyone any experience with this company? Sargon 

• 1 month later...

Very cool to see a new company do something so ambitious. Like Woody Joe kits, they look like their aimed not specifically at ship modelers per se, but at those who like ship models and always thought it would be nice to build one. 

Also, the comment about La Clone being a mistranslation is correct. I looked at the Japanese spelling ラクローン, which sounds like Ra Ku-Rō-N (La Ku-Lō-N). Closest Google Translate can get is La Clone.

Endeavor listed as 240 hour construction time. That's pretty darned quick.

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"

Judging from the pics, I'm thinking that's the prototype.   It does look, on the assembled pictures, that the char was cleaned off at some point.  The Hanna looks to be a Hahn style from the way the frames are set. As for the others... Le Couronne might be ANCRE.  The rest, I'm not so sure.   They may not be copies but heavily "influenced"?   Still, it's a good way to get into plank on frame.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Well this certainly looks like a dream come true for me. Will be following with much interest.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

2 hours ago, catopower said:

Also, the comment about La Clone being a mistranslation is correct.

On the description page it refers to the ship as the 'Crown'

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I wonder why kit producers stick to lazer cutting, while well performing cnc cutters (especially semi-2d ones) are really affordable nowadays?

Can't imagine sanding/scraping all that laser char...

22 hours ago, Mike Y said:

I wonder why kit producers stick to lazer cutting, while well performing cnc cutters (especially semi-2d ones) are really affordable nowadays?

Can't imagine sanding/scraping all that laser char...

It'll be interesting to see!

Some of that scorch will go when you sand and fair things in, but yes, the rest will need to be manually removed. it doesn't bother me too much, so it's not a deal breaker.