Le Fleuron 1729 by rekon54 - 1:24

hi

This I did not know

but I can always change

:D  :D  :D

rekon54

Edited by rekon54
If a day will be reproached you that your job has not been done with professionalism, you answer that the ark of Noè has been built by dilettantes and the Titanic by professionals. ;)

Druxey,

The plans I've seen for the French frigates all have the bottom of the rudder to the bottom of the keel.  The models of Le Fleuron that I've seen also show this.  Might another one of the "minor/major" difference between French and English practice.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks, Mark. All my reference books are packed for moving, so I couldn't check. French ships must have lost a lot of rudders!

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

They probably did... :P  :P

I hope your move goes well.

Edited by mtaylor

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wonderful work Recon, your updates are always so inspirational.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

WOW!  Amazing work.

I am really glad to have found your build log.  

The finish that you give the completed parts is absolutely beautiful!  It brings out the natural beauty of the wood perfectly.

Beautiful work, Rekon. Just out of curiousity, what was the use of those two aft cabins? With those large knees there's not much room inside.

hi

It was the top scorer of the local and the steward

erano i locali del capo cannoniere e del cambusiere

Rekon54

If a day will be reproached you that your job has not been done with professionalism, you answer that the ark of Noè has been built by dilettantes and the Titanic by professionals. ;)

Absolutely gorgeous work.  Those doors look ready to hang in my house!

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments

more photos of Fleuron

fleuron3774.jpg

fleuron3776.jpg

fleuron3777.jpg

fleuron3778.jpg

fleuron3779.jpg

fleuron3780.jpg

fleuron3781.jpg

fleuron3785.jpg

fleuron3787.jpg

fleuron3789.jpg

fleuron3790.jpg

fleuron3791.jpg

fleuron3786.jpg

fleuron3803.jpg

fleuron3792.jpg

follow other photos

fleuron3793.jpg

fleuron3794.jpg

fleuron3795.jpg

fleuron3796.jpg

fleuron3797.jpg

fleuron3798.jpg

fleuron3799.jpg

fleuron3801.jpg

fleuron3802.jpg

fleuron3809.jpg

fleuron3811.jpg

fleuron3817.jpg

fleuron3818.jpg

fleuron3820.jpg

an affectionate greeting to all

rekon54

Staggeringly beautiful work Giorgio B)  B)

The finished colours of the Pear are fabulous.If I may ask,if you use Shellac,what tone do you use?I am thinking of using this for the first time on a model,but am torn between the blonde and button flakes.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely stunning. Love your choice of subject beautiful lines a true example of the splendour of the ornamental yet functional ship of the line. I have followed your build and watch your uploads on YouTube numerous times to say the least. I remain in awe your skills are of the highest class, thank you for sharing this build.

RoB, great hint, didn't know about Rekon's youtube. It is here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCgl5adH6_gJ1Pq4DjxnUvUw

Looks like I know what I will watch tonight ;)

• 1 month later...
hi
advances work on the Fleuron

fleuron3821.jpg

fleuron3825.jpg

fleuron3826.jpg

fleuron3827.jpg

fleuron3828.jpg

fleuron3829.jpg

fleuron3830.jpg

fleuron3831.jpg

fleuron3832.jpg

fleuron3833.jpg

fleuron3834.jpg

fleuron3835.jpg

fleuron3837.jpg

fleuron3839.jpg

fleuron3840.jpg

following photo

rekon54

Edited by rekon54

following photo

fleuron3841.jpg

fleuron3844.jpg

fleuron3455.jpg

fleuron3846.jpg

fleuron3847.jpg

fleuron3848.jpg

fleuron3851.jpg

fleuron3853.jpg

fleuron3856.jpg

fleuron3858.jpg

fleuron3859.jpg

fleuron3862.jpg

fleuron3863.jpg

fleuron3865.jpg

fleuron3866.jpg

fleuron3869.jpg

fleuron3872.jpg

fleuron3873.jpg

fleuron3875.jpg

fleuron3876.jpg

fleuron3879.jpg

fleuron3880.jpg

fleuron3882.jpg

fleuron3883.jpg

fleuron3885.jpg

fleuron3886.jpg

fleuron3887.jpg

fleuron3889.jpg

fleuron3890.jpg

fleuron3891.jpg

fleuron3893.jpg

fleuron3895.jpg

fleuron3898.jpg

fleuron3900.jpg

fleuron3901.jpg

fleuron3902.jpg

you soon
rekon54

I dip my hat Giorgio,

that is such beautiful work its unbelievable !

Those pics from the gundeck level are of master`s art, the choise of Wood tones is just right, a great model... ;) ;)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Amazing workmanship simply amazing.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.