Type XXI U-boot by kpnuts - FINISHED - Revell - PLASTIC - with interior

i watched this kit being built on another site, with internal leds as well, i will watch yours come to life as well

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

looks very interesting.......I'm in  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Now that's an interesting concept, building a model of a sub with the interior. So far it looks rather sparse though. Is there more interior stuff to be installed? and why close it up?

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi all nearly done just the rear stabilizers and props then get my head round the proper weathering of a sub (Not sure how to do algae will have to do some googling) 
343hq85.jpg
6tilxv.jpg
25fqf4l.jpg
2l9t65v.jpg
hu3ozr.jpg
ddzmh.jpg
2i1ip0l.jpg
I'm thinking of going back to my scratch building, maybe going back to what I know will boost my kit builds.

you could have gotten the GATO sub kit.......it has a clear outer shell that shows all the internals.  from what I've seen,  there are a few other kit like this out there.

looks really good :) .....I wonder if there is a detail kit out there for this one?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Well KP, your effort certainly came out rather well. That type of sub was very advanced in design and capability.

Hey Denis, I didn't know there is such a kit out of the Gato class US subs. I would not mind putting one together and model it after the USS Cod. That's the US sub that rescued the crew from my father's sub the O19 in 1945. The Cod is well preserved in Cleveland, Ohio and the Museum director told me she's 98% sea worthy.

I could pair that model next to the O19 I build a few ago. You made me think again my friend.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Hi Piet

Actually there are a number of Gato class subs available.

I am not familiar with the clear sided version Denis is talking about but Revell makes both the large 1/72nd Gato and a smaller (USS Lionfish) kit that are both nice. Trumpeter makes some very nice 1/144 scale early and late war Gato's. I am not all that current with what PE may be available for the different kits but it used to be pretty extensive.

Hope that's helpful.

Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Another source for detailing of US fleet subs is Nautilus Models: http://nautilusmodels.com/orderpage-USA.htm

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I looked around for it,  but can't seem to find it :angry:   I've even seen a build log for it {not here,  but I'm gonna look}.  this is a very large kit......it's absolutely huge!

but Revell / Germany has several,  including a U boat such as the one your building.  if and when I find it,  I'll post it........it's an mother of a model!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I just went through almost 200 pages {out of 1575}  in the 'sold' archives @ oldmodelkits.com     I figure if anyone had this model at any given time,  it would be them.   I looked in the 'for sale' listings,  but there was nothing......they did list about four pages of sub models.  in these 200 pages,  I haven't seen the GATO sub,  but it could possibly be that the kit I'm referring to,  was a GATO class sub,  and therefore could be any named sub in this class.   I did happen on an old Revell kit.

Revell George Washington Polaris class guided missle sub SSBN,  in 1:261 scale.   kit number #H-437.   it was produced in 1975,  from the old Renwall 1961 molds,  and featured a cut away side for interior viewing.   Revell also produced the same sub back in 1961,  kit number H425-250.  this one had removable panels for viewing and could actually launch the missiles.   I went a few more pages,  and on page 256,  I found a Renwall SSBN 618 Thomas Jefferson Polaris class sub, 1:200 scale.  it was produced in the 50's and measured around 2 feet long.   it had a clear cut away side for viewing.  they also mention that this is a very rare kit.

I'll keep an eye out.........I hate that.......know that I've seen a kit like this and can't find it to save my soul.  I will tell you one thing though......if you want to see kits you've never seen before,  go to this site and look through the sold archives.   it will make your jaw drop!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

That's OK Denis....... It happens to all of us sooner or later! :default_wallbash:

Just kidding, I thought I had also seen something at one time or another that had clear plastic sides and was as big or bigger than the Revell kit, 1/48th seems to come to mind. Possibly made from the Scale Shipyard hull? or maybe it was this?   Lou

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Well done and congrats.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

awesome look'in model KP...........you did a super job!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• The title was changed to Type XXI U-boot by kpnuts - FINISHED - Revell - PLASTIC - with interior