HMS Kingfisher 1770 by Remco - 1/48 - English 14 Gun Sloop - POF

Guns are not my thing, but that musket is an exquisite piece of modelmaking!

michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thanks guys. 

Hlipplaa, sorry I must have missed your question, I used holy for planking and castello for the other details for the cutter and the longboat.

So here's how the story goes, the officer of the marines chased off the annoying rat that has been lurking in my ship's hold for the past years. Meanwhile Paddy the calico ship's cat indulged himself on the remaining mice on the ship and fell asleep on the marine offices bed place.

post-20-0-62984800-1406985328_thumb.jpeg

post-20-0-38598100-1406985329_thumb.jpeg

Remco

Treat each part as if it is a model on its own, you will finish more models in a day than others do in a lifetime. 

Current build HMS Kingfisher

MSW 1.0 log click here

You made a soft bed too, just for the cat!lol

These details are fantastic!

I have a real calico kitten in our house. She is 10 weeks old.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

It's hard to admire the details when one is laughing...   great story.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Always ready with an answer, eh Remco  :D  :D  :D  :D   Brilliant!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

A wonderful story, Remco, but you will have to change one detail. Calico cats are overwhelmingly females except for the rare hermaphrodite (I've seen only a couple in 35 years of practice). I'd need a higher resolution photo to verify it though.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Remco,

I had been resisting my wife getting a cat for fear of what will happen in the shop; and now you go and put a permanent cat in your shop. I won't be able to hold out any longer....;-)

Mark

Hi Remco,

beautiful musket.

Shot capable?

I would not be surprised.

Karl   :10_1_10:

Quiet! do not give him any strange ideas.

David B

Absolutely love it!  A perfect example of how MSW turns a bunch of crazy ship modelers into a crazier bunch of ship modelers.  :D

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

Thanks guys, girls,

Sorry Karl, we have a very strict guns regulation in The Netherlands so I will not be dwelling in that direction.

Greg, you obviously now more about domestic cats than I do, so I'll change the story and will name her Patches. Forum rules will not allow me to show hi res pictures of the parts you would like to investigate for the greater good of science. ;) But here's a better one for everybody to study....

post-20-0-50745800-1407268439_thumb.jpeg

Mark, just show the admiral the musket holes in my riding bitts and if she still persist on having a cat I can send Patches (aka kitty soft pawns) over to you. This 5mm critter will do no harm to your beautiful Bellona.

So enough fun and to keep myself out of the asylum I continued making the sheer strake, update will follow soon.

Remco 

Edited by Remco

Treat each part as if it is a model on its own, you will finish more models in a day than others do in a lifetime. 

MSW 1.0 log click here

When Gwen, my dear bride, was a little girl she had a cat like that and called her "lappiedot."  Hmmm, my Dutch - English dictionary doesn't show a translation but "Patches" or "quilt" comes close, I think.

Brilliant work Remco - - - 5 mm??  WOW!

Cheers

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I'm going to need a fireman's ladder now to get over that bar, absolutely fantastic work Remco.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Enough fun :), back to the more mundane hull work. Starboard side almost done. Not completely pleased with the run of the planks but I'm unsure if I can improve this.

post-20-0-49004400-1407680326_thumb.jpeg

post-20-0-44130800-1407680327_thumb.jpeg

post-20-0-86959000-1407680245_thumb.jpeg

Up next, tree nailing I really like doing that :)

Remco

MSW 1.0 log click here

Looking fantastic as always.  The run of planking looks fine.  The slight color differences between the planks help delineate them so they are not just a sea of costello.  Enjoy your treenailing.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

I'm thinking the same as John.. improve? Improve what?????  Looks fantastic.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)