Chuck

**Banned Kit Manufacturers on MSW - Pirated KITS Prohibited **

Theft of Intellectual Property is unfortunately very sad.

I used to run a website where i paid people to write articles and translate game guides for MMO's.

At one point we had a few thousand guides, articles etc and a few hundred subscribers.

Subscription was provided for symbolic donations (like 5$ per year), at one point a user copied everything and created a website with complete free access and put ads on it so he could make money...

We couldnt do anything about it as he hosted it in some exotic location and nobody knew who he was...

Hopefully.....but there are other ilk that would run faster to the dark side after seeing a cheaper bootleg version so bringing these details to everyone's attention could also make things worse.  There are quite a few who will seek them out as a result of our conversations.

Sadly, there are those who put a few dollars, pounds, etc. above integrity.  Both sellers and manufacturers.  I hope against hope that in time things will change but until governments get involved that won't happen.  They can't even address the high dollar stuff like car parts.

Really sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I'm a first time shipbuilder and purchased several kits to decide which one I would start with. Unfortunately, one of those kits just arrived and it's from Shi Cheng Model. 

Should have done more homework :default_wallbash:

Looks like I'm stuck as they already have my $$$ (Doesn't mean I have to build it though)

RT

47 minutes ago, rtibbs2018 said:

Really sorry I didn't see this thread sooner. I'm a first time shipbuilder and purchased several kits to decide which one I would start with. Unfortunately, one of those kits just arrived and it's from Shi Cheng Model. 

Should have done more homework :default_wallbash:

Looks like I'm stuck as they already have my $$$ (Doesn't mean I have to build it though)

RT

There are some great models out there to begin with, and all legitimate.

Have a look around and tell us what you want to start with. 

RT,

Too bad you bought kits from one the mentioned banned manufacturers. 

That doesn't mean you have to put the kit away or not building it.

As you say, they have your hard earned money. 

The principle is that our website doesn't support build logs of the banned manufacturers. 

Go ahead and build them.

I don't want to take away the joy of building a ship. 

Is this a banned supplier https://www.ebay.com/itm/31-Wooden-Black-Pearl-Ship-Assembly-Model-DIY-Kits-Sailing-Boat-Toy-Gift/263659092185?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649, probably just junk as it seems much too cheap to be worthwhile.

Possibly a Chinese rip off of a Chinese rip off!!

Ahh!!!  Now you get it Don.  Yes indeed,  it is a rip off.  And you are correct.  It is the same as the other pirated kits just put out by any guy with a laser cutter and factory in CHINA.  Keep in mind that any kit of the Black Pearl is not legit unless they are licensed to sell it by disney.  And any kit sold in China will not be.   So this is actually double jeopardy.    Its a cheap piece of junk as well.   They even say that the kit you get may not look like the photos.......You can guarantee that!!!   I am sure that there will be a few builders of it at any rate because of the price.  Just not here on MSW because we will always take the high road .  But I am sure you will see it on that other forum you belong to very soon.  LOL.  They love this junk from China. 😁

He's charging a little over $7 for postage to the USA, so that's a clue to how little one would get for the purchase of this so-called model. Couldn't be much of anything really for $7 postage from China.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:43 AM, Chuck said:

to use the proper legal channels to do anything about it.   

Chuck,

I do not think it will ever stop or can be slowed down, sadly with the internet and technology and the expertise of hackers they can hack an inventors home computer by phising. If one of this countries most sacred freedoms that of free elections can be manipulated and compromised by the internet thru postings on websites by foreign countries you will never have any protection and elections will have an * by them for was this one tampered with.

Manufacturers in this country are in for a bad ride its already happened.

If we are only recently identifying (past decade) we have a lot of catching up to do in a very short time.

You are probably right!!!

Its just really sad how quickly the people in any country will sell out their own hard working neighbors to save a few bucks.  Very unpatriotic and for Americans that buy this crap ....they are usually the folks who wear the flag on their sleeves and in front of their houses....

Then they run out buy this garbage and support the crooks instead or frequent the sites and forums that try and legitimize them.  😈

40 minutes ago, Chuck said:

You are probably right!!!

Its just really sad how quickly the people in any country will sell out their own hard working neighbors to save a few bucks.  Very unpatriotic and for Americans that buy this crap ....they are usually the folks who wear the flag on their sleeves and in front of their houses....

Then they run out buy this garbage and support the crooks instead or frequent the sites and forums that try and legitimize them.  😈

Am not american, but a viking , ( same same but different )

I want never by kit thats banned , I got kits from usa and the name chuck is written all over it,

Chuck' plans and kit had help me to be a better builder of ships, and the learning curve is high.

so I hope chuck develup more kit in future ☺

Svein.erik 

From Time to time you guys know I like to show evidence that the dishonest Companies like ZHL are actually pirating kits.   Here is some more undeniable proof.   I know some of you may not care one way or the other, and ethically this isnt very high on your things to be concerned about...

BUT when I see folks on other dishonest forums trying to literally say that the ZHL San Felipe kit isnt a pirated version of the Mantua kit they either have really low understanding of such things or are just trying to make themselves feel better....I cant see how anyone can claim this...They literally just erased Matua's name and replaced it with ZHL on the plans.   I just took the screen shot off of EBAY where they sell their stolen property.   You dont need a law degree to see this!!!  Its pretty clear.

So we continue to educate our members who care.....stay away from EBAY and anything with the name ZHL.  In fact, ask us here first if you have any concerns about buying a possible pirated kit. 😀  For those that are new to MSW and the Hobby please read the start of this topic.

Because small honest businesses in our hobby dont have deep pockets nor political influence to go after the perpetrators through legal means.  The only option is to boycott these products and the sites that promote them and encourage others of like mindset to join in and spread the word through a grassroots campaign....no name calling or axes to grind....keep it classy.

pirated.jpg

Boy that photo on the last post gets me every time I see it.   ZHL did the same thing with the  Soleil Royal kit.  Complete copy.

ANYWAY

keep it real.jpg

I am pleased to announce that like minded small and large Businesses have come together to mount a grassroots campaign against piracy in the Ship Model Industry.  Mostly perpetrated by Chinese and Russian companies but these companies like ZHL are also promoted and  almost worshiped by some model builders and online forums like Ships of Scale.

To help with this effort, Our coalition of legitimate ship model MFGs, Authors and designers have established a facebook page devoted to educating folks about which companies, and forums or other sites are the bad ones.....and who are the actual victims.  I encourage all of you like-minded individuals who care to help us fight this practice and advance the hobby to visit that page and follow it.....share its posts and join us in creating awareness that this is NOT a Victimless Crime.  We will be creating more images like the one showing without a shadow of doubt that ZHL ripped off Mantua's San Felipe Kit one-to-one.....

Help us create more such images....If anyone has a Mantua or Sergal Soleil Royal kit can they please contact me via PM.  Thanks in advance.

Dont forget to visit and follow this page!!!

https://www.facebook.com/KeepItRealAntiPiracy/