Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long - Finished

....catching up to your log.........so sweet!   your bevy of boats look great together.......and the spread out of the yacht's decks show the improvements you've made on her!  she's really coming along wonderfully!   your almost done.........have you given any thought of your next project?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

20 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

....catching up to your log.........so sweet!   your bevy of boats look great together.......and the spread out of the yacht's decks show the improvements you've made on her!  she's really coming along wonderfully!   your almost done.........have you given any thought of your next project?

Thanks Denis!

Actually...I’m pretty sure than this one will be my next challenge:  https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-43054/okto-yacht-charter-printable.pdf.

What do you think?

Cheers

Patrick

Have at it!  I’m looking forward to the build log!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

8 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Thanks Denis!

Actually...I’m pretty sure than this one will be my next challenge:  https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-43054/okto-yacht-charter-printable.pdf.

What do you think?

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick,

Love that crew:guest ratio on the OKTO! 

Looking forward to seeing those dining room ceilings in miniature!

Okto very nice go for it

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

Man you do like a challenge Patrick; look forward to the build log.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

I showed the brochure to my 5 yo daughter. She said "That's very fancy. I hope it NEVER sinks." So you have a vote of approval from the two of us!

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

On 3/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, josh44 said:

Patrick,

Love that crew:guest ratio on the OKTO! 

Looking forward to seeing those dining room ceilings in miniature!

Love it but not the price per week...    Way out of my vacation budget.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Will you add the lights too on the OKTO? A lot of builders are adding led into their builds ... you could do it with fiberoptics ... like Dubz on his battle cruiser (Star Wars), and you build your models in just the right size for it ;) 

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Love the ship. The advantage of building in the scale that you do is that you won't run out of display room. Some of us that have larger scale ships can be a bit of a problem of where to put the ship. 

One of your picture shows a king bed. I think the yellow tie dye sheet is very cute. 

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

Wonderful mini scale modeling Patric,

its always a delight to study the many fine detail-work....   :)

Nils

Edited by Mirabell61

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Just found time to check things out Patrick. Lovely work, I particularly liked the fleet photo, a few years of hard work and dedication within a square foot or so.

But...where is the gold paint? 

Cheers

Vaddoc

Nice choice with the Okto Patrick.  I'll pull up a stump and watch from Florida.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Patrick I read OKTO and thought  "oh no not another space cruiser". So I had to look it up. I was pleased to see it looked somewhat like a boat.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

3 hours ago, cog said:

At least we know how he spends his money ...

This actually would explain Patrick's detailed knowledge of the interior of these boats!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a bit scarce on MSW over the past few weeks...I think I went into a ‘bad place’ and needed a break from the world of models and MSW.  Anyho, hopefully that’s all done and dusted now.

Thanks for everyone’s comments and feedback! Much appreciated, as always.

Here’s a quick update.  Over the last few nights, I managed to work on the Engine Room.   It’s the best I could do so far; given the small size of the model.  

I hope you like it.

Cheers 

Patrick

57A142D2-2794-410B-901A-E752E16CD8D6.jpeg

7D43A00B-BF58-4F2F-B9E7-B1E471E59CA3.jpeg

7D5E4CCE-9325-4D36-82AF-47B906E7BE71.jpeg

C772D6C3-4C26-49F9-9281-C48C2EE780FB.jpeg

AC4419F6-1E9B-4C3E-A35E-D86759C41526.jpeg

CB7CB9FD-7664-46D1-A846-BCAABF4B9E19.jpeg

2D83E60B-705F-40E1-A443-8F5743C8E81B.jpeg

66AF0A38-3AA6-4432-B89E-4641882C8D98.jpeg

B81960CE-EABA-4C52-8592-A747276415E7.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Good to see you back Pat - Amazing engine room - however I think you have mistakenly omitted the warp drive.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

It's great to see you back, Patrick.  I think all of hit a mild "burnout" point at some point.   Nice work on the engine room.   Will the engine live there or is this the machine room for all the services?   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great to see you back Patrick; and even better to hear you sounding 'chipper' about things.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

9 hours ago, mtaylor said:

It's great to see you back, Patrick.  I think all of hit a mild "burnout" point at some point.   Nice work on the engine room.   Will the engine live there or is this the machine room for all the services?   

Hi Mark -aaah. Yep, “burnout” was the term I was searching for, but I couldn’t quite remember it. It was on the tip of my tongue  when I was writing the post...

The actual two engines are there, but you can’t actually see them as they’re obscured by all of the pipes and what not. 

Thanks 

Patrick

4 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Great to see you back Patrick; and even better to hear you sounding 'chipper' about things.

cheers

Pat

Hi Pat

Thanks. It’s good to be back, for sure.  

Have a great Easter 

Cheers. 

Patrick 

Edited by Omega1234

Hi folks.

Thanks for for all of your comments and feedback.  

Here is another quick update on Genesis. With the engine room basically complete, I’ve now started on the internal cabins on the lower deck. It all looks a bit messy at the moment, but pls bear in mind that nothing is glued down yet. Like the external paint job, it’s all still very much ‘work in progress’.

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

1F410715-D402-4A89-BC92-BC75DE2B1F9E.jpeg

74AC6F3F-DB77-4F25-8D64-A1E3FBA4064F.jpeg

1E9CCFC5-B200-4C66-8B3D-B4C76FAE5760.jpeg

B632205E-F19B-4325-A514-DABD3D6895AC.jpeg

67E65A25-6DDA-4442-9058-BB7BD74E2F87.jpeg

49E708B5-F290-4AA8-9495-4C40F54E0203.jpeg

7DE89F69-C28A-4E34-941D-1D3892306EB7.jpeg