Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long - Finished

Hi Patrick.  I'm running out of superlatives - all I can say is WOW!  For a 'work in progress' the paint looks really good.

19 minutes ago, Mahuna said:

Hi Patrick.  I'm running out of superlatives - all I can say is WOW!  For a 'work in progress' the paint looks really good.

Hi Frank 

No need for superlatives   Just having you onboard and able to enjoy the journey is good enough!

All the best😀

Cheers. 

Patrick

Patrick.

Transporter Room?

Sick Bay?

Holo Deck?

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Nice details; have you had any sales enquiries yet - I am sure there are a few billionaires who would like to add this to their toy collection.

Ooops, sorry, forgot this was a model.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

1 hour ago, BANYAN said:

Nice details; have you had any sales enquiries yet - I am sure there are a few billionaires who would like to add this to their toy collection.

Ooops, sorry, forgot this was a model.

cheers

Pat

No offers yet...still waiting...waiting...😀

Incredible work!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks. Well, well, well...Genesis’ owner just happens to be a serious art-collector. You know, the real arty-farty type.

So, in keeping with that theme, I’ve adorned the Lower Deck’s cabins and passageways with quite a few paintings and wall-hangings. I reckon it brings the whole Lower Deck to life. I hope you like it too.

Oh, and once again...damn these close-up photos.  They accentuate each and every blemish and error.  I swear that the detail looks great from 2 metres away😏 ( rather than close-up). 

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

C3AFEBC5-5762-4AE4-BE02-050070008C7F.jpeg

77C5F02E-B465-4F92-B8CB-B59686D42E26.jpeg

688DFFCA-3EAF-4F63-8549-5FD935FA0A20.jpeg

D0A5BD82-F956-47D2-84C2-F74A99A1104B.jpeg

1C02A2B7-0459-42D0-B753-30EEB8BA800E.jpeg

D64763AA-A74B-4032-86C2-A32AB3914B92.jpeg

E487559A-0293-4491-B88F-07E494508CC5.jpeg

5DA7C23D-EC70-4D01-B022-8FCF03056F42.jpeg

41177B09-0DE4-477D-898C-94F38962C0F0.jpeg

19DC042C-9826-4E8C-BBE4-D116ECF619D6.jpeg

1114B278-988C-43B6-9CAF-D9E4C2A43C69.jpeg

Awesome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

7 hours ago, Omega1234 said:
Hi folks. Well, well, well...Genesis’ owner just happens to be a serious art-collector. You know, the real arty-farty type.

So, in keeping with that theme, I’ve adorned the Lower Deck’s cabins and passageways with quite a few paintings and wall-hangings. I reckon it brings the whole Lower Deck to life. I hope you like it too.

Oh, and once again...damn these close-up photos.  They accentuate each and every blemish and error.  I swear that the detail looks great from 2 metres away😏 ( rather than close-up). 

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

C3AFEBC5-5762-4AE4-BE02-050070008C7F.jpeg

77C5F02E-B465-4F92-B8CB-B59686D42E26.jpeg

688DFFCA-3EAF-4F63-8549-5FD935FA0A20.jpeg

D0A5BD82-F956-47D2-84C2-F74A99A1104B.jpeg

1C02A2B7-0459-42D0-B753-30EEB8BA800E.jpeg

D64763AA-A74B-4032-86C2-A32AB3914B92.jpeg

E487559A-0293-4491-B88F-07E494508CC5.jpeg

5DA7C23D-EC70-4D01-B022-8FCF03056F42.jpeg

41177B09-0DE4-477D-898C-94F38962C0F0.jpeg

19DC042C-9826-4E8C-BBE4-D116ECF619D6.jpeg

1114B278-988C-43B6-9CAF-D9E4C2A43C69.jpeg

Patrick, It looks like your yacht owner scored a Jackson Pollack triptych and a  Keith Haring. Nice job!

2 hours ago, josh44 said:

Patrick, It looks like your yacht owner scored a Jackson Pollack triptych and a  Keith Haring. Nice job!

Thanks Josh!  

Hehe...Nothing but the finest for your average mega-yacht billionaire!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

Superb detail and very appropriate for an owner selecting this type of design.  Nice work Patrick.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

12 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Genesis’ owner just happens to be a serious art-collector. You know, the real arty-farty type.

Patrick, he could consider flogging his art collection and investing the proceeds in a sensible / stylish classic yacht. I see he / she isn’t into classical art. I’m not really surprised!!!!

12 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Oh, and once again...damn these close-up photos.

You need to find the crappy photo setting on your camera, it is great for washing out the detail. All my cameras come with this as the default setting.

Amazing detail, just love it.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

6 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Patrick, he could consider flogging his art collection and investing the proceeds in a sensible / stylish classic yacht. I see he / she isn’t into classical art. I’m not really surprised!!!!

You need to find the crappy photo setting on your camera, it is great for washing out the detail. All my cameras come with this as the default setting.

Amazing detail, just love it.

Hi Keith

Thanks for the compliments, but....Say what?????  If your camera has a ‘crappy default setting’, man oh man, I’d hate to see the photos of your model when it’s really in focus!  😉😉

Heheh. 

Have a great weekend. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

I see no blemishes or errors, Patrick. And yes, I'm wearing my glasses and screen zoom is at 115%.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I see no blemishes or errors, Patrick. And yes, I'm wearing my glasses and screen zoom is at 115%.

Thanks Mark. We’re always our own worst critics, aren’t we. The thing is,. That at this teeny tiny scale, even half a millimetre out stands out like a sore thumb. 

3 hours ago, cog said:

Nice going paddy, I see the owner likes reproductions ... no matter, would be a sin to keep them in such small spaces anyway ;) 

Hi Carl. Yep, cheap reproductions, but what the heck, the originals are safely stored away in the safe at the owner’s mansion.  😂 

Nice additions Patrick.  It's easy to forget the scale you're working in until the giant thumbnail shows up in one of the photos.

1 hour ago, Mahuna said:

Nice additions Patrick.  It's easy to forget the scale you're working in until the giant thumbnail shows up in one of the photos.

Thanks Frank

The old giant thumb comes in very handy from time to time😉

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

3 hours ago, DBorgens said:

Patrick

Love the art work, when did you start painting murals?

Dave B

Hi Dave

Hah. Thanks!  I wish I could paint...with my level of skills, I could probably only manage to paint a blob...just!  Thanks for the compliments though. 

Cheers 

Patrick

just catching up with your log Patrick........totally mind blowing what you've accomplished here :)    the engine room and living quarters look awesome!

had me fooled........I thought the big one was a flat screen  :D    I can just imagine what your gonna do with your next one..........reserving a seat right now for it.  super job .........very well done  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

To the King of Itty bitty scale:

The attention to detail is awesome. The paintings are a nice touch. 

Marcus 

Current Built: Zeehaen 1639, Dutch Fluit from Dutch explorer Abel J. Tasman

Unofficial motto of the VOC: "God is good, but trade is better"

Many people believe that Captain J. Cook discovered Australia in 1770. They tend to forget that Dutch mariner Willem Janszoon landed on Australia’s northern coast in 1606. Cook never even sighted the coast of Western Australia).

4 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

To the King of Itty bitty scale:

The attention to detail is awesome. The paintings are a nice touch. 

Marcus 

Hi Marcus-Thanks!  I, also really like the addition of the photos and paintings.  They kinda give it an extra touch of realism. 

9 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

just catching up with your log Patrick........totally mind blowing what you've accomplished here :)    the engine room and living quarters look awesome!

had me fooled........I thought the big one was a flat screen  :D    I can just imagine what your gonna do with your next one..........reserving a seat right now for it.  super job .........very well done  :) 

Hi Denis-Thanks for your comments.  Genesis has been a whole lot of fun so far; allowing me to let my imagination run wild...hence, all the colourful decor.  Definitely not your boring interior, that’s for sure.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick