Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long - Finished

11 hours ago, cog said:

A blb can fetch you a nice amount ... just like a single coloured canvas ... with a red dot

Hi Carl - yes, I have often wondered about these ‘modern art’ pieces and the astronomical prices that they fetch.  Oh well...it’s all in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers. 

Patrick

1 hour ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Carl - yes, I have often wondered about these ‘modern art’ pieces and the astronomical prices that they fetch.  Oh well...it’s all in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.

More like what P.T. Barnum said about one being born every minute.  :rolleyes:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi folks.

A quick update on Genesis’ progress. Ok. I admit that I’m not tech-savvy. Having said that, I’ve just discovered how to make my IPhone 8 zoom in closer than 2.0x. I know, I know....I’m not young like you guys😀

Armed with this new skill, I just thought I’d show off some of my new zoomed-in photos of Genesis’ details. 

Enjoy. 

Cheers 

Patrick

B23DAB44-E922-4194-B2BD-3A54514E096D.jpeg

03118048-B291-4534-AD14-4D7B5F9F4984.jpeg

0B5C2CB8-BDEA-4BB7-B2C9-A6DAC095D282.jpeg

0E2B4B4E-DB4A-4CB1-ABDC-7FF089DC96F7.jpeg

96D5B708-E38E-49F5-A7B7-A2F95943AFFC.jpeg

6205D1F8-0E0B-49E4-BB01-E6F3E937AC1A.jpeg

B3D63A6B-A2DB-4346-AD72-B2DC8B06556A.jpeg

B678BA20-B03A-4C09-92E0-71EA18D6296B.jpeg

A2C7665D-BEBE-495E-B590-0CBFB70A6CDB.jpeg

91C01768-62F0-4675-9BB6-8A516FE4C268.jpeg

0D455FE0-3230-4DC2-B881-92A5A22885E7.jpeg

C485BD3F-99A4-412C-BB92-B4C78D164630.jpeg

5E0A7F5E-EDE3-4479-8399-5D434718856B.jpeg

9C9AD1F9-A572-4685-A504-79C0A91F4815.jpeg

F5726A41-9890-4B29-94A2-70F74DEFE7D7.jpeg

E2D74817-106B-4A98-BE74-7EA0CE9437EF.jpeg

9F54B436-93EC-49C1-9556-FA6F6D6151C5.jpeg

Excellent!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Hi folks

Many thanks for all of your comments and encouragement. 

Well, well, well...In addition to being a lover of modern art, I’ve decided that Genesis’ owner is also ‘into’ radio controlled model yachts (strange that, isn’t it?😉)?

If you look closely, there’s now a tiny radio controlled gaff - rigged yacht, leaning casually against the writing bureau in the Main Saloon. It seems the owner is getting the model ready to put her in the water for a quick sail. 

Have a nice weekend, folks. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

A492FD5F-B9C4-4684-8E25-A32FA035F319.jpeg

28A1B110-738D-4FFF-BEE9-6B52B23EAAC1.jpeg

29609C75-CC69-48B4-AC59-4F05D9592AEB.jpeg

8E12BFD2-E9AB-4E6E-A72E-CB895D7CB736.jpeg

600C9528-4885-495F-8D2B-09197C6A7F62.jpeg

99B14083-70CA-41E7-96A1-05322493FD01.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

the macro is pretty cool.........in the earlier post,  there is a chair with the back upside down.   no kidding.......I can see that!  :D   {the table with ten place settings}     no matter........this is still by far,  the greatest feat  :) 

that's a super job on the model boat.........to make one at this scale.....WOW!   you did say you were going to make it........you made good on your promise ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

11 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

the macro is pretty cool.........in the earlier post,  there is a chair with the back upside down.   no kidding.......I can see that!  :D   {the table with ten place settings}     no matter........this is still by far,  the greatest feat  :) 

that's a super job on the model boat.........to make one at this scale.....WOW!   you did say you were going to make it........you made good on your promise ;) 

Thanks Denis

I hear what you say about the macro-setting.  I’m like a kid in a candy-shop now.  I’m constantly taking more and more macro shots, just for the hell of it.  They’re a lot of fun to look back and see what I’ve done or, not done).

Ahem....what’s this about an upside down chair back, I say?  Oh well...you know, the problem lies in poor quality control...you just can’t get good hired help nowadays...😊😊😊

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Patrick

A teeny-tiny model boat inside a teeny-tiny model boat !! What a concept !!

So, if Genesis is 1:300, then what's the scale of your gaff-rigged yacht ??

:omg:

Keep up the great work, Patrick.

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

3 hours ago, CaptainSteve said:

A teeny-tiny model boat inside a teeny-tiny model boat !! What a concept !!

So, if Genesis is 1:300, then what's the scale of your gaff-rigged yacht ??

:omg:

Keep up the great work, Patrick.

Thanks Steve. I struggle to think what the scale would be (I failed maths at school!). All I know is that it’s freaking teeny tiny😀

Thanks for your compliments. 

Have a a great weekend. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

14 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Oh well...you know, the problem lies in poor quality control...you just can’t get good hired help nowadays...😊😊😊

Quite so.  Looks like the crew working on her has dropped popcorn in a few places.  :rolleyes::P

Seriously, I love the detail you've done at such a small scale.  

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

9 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Yes, he even added popcorn Mark ;) 

Scale .. now that would be summink like 1/5000 I guessss

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Quite so.  Looks like the crew working on her has dropped popcorn in a few places.  :rolleyes::P

Hi Mark-oh boy....I swear it’s not my fault.  I place the blame solely on the clean-up crew.  They’re obviously not up to the task.  I mean, how hard is it to pick up some popcorn😏?  Hehehe.  

2 hours ago, cog said:

Yes, he even added popcorn Mark ;) 

Scale .. now that would be summink like 1/5000 I guessss

Hi Carl - I’ll take your word for it (about the scale, I mean).  I seem to recall that Igor did something similar in a bottle a while back.  Now that was tiny as well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends, folks!

Cheers

Patrick

11 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Mark-oh boy....I swear it’s not my fault.  I place the blame solely on the clean-up crew.  They’re obviously not up to the task.  I mean, how hard is it to pick up some popcorn😏?  Hehehe.  

You'll be needing a tiny, tiny vacuum cleaner next, Patrick.

(Or a tiny, French maid)

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

On 5/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, Omega1234 said:

In addition to being a lover of modern art, I’ve decided that Genesis’ owner is also ‘into’ radio controlled model yachts

I think you must be mistaken Patrick. Anyone with the lack of taste required to own Genesis (or much modern art for that matter) would find it hard to appreciate a gaff rigged yacht. I think it must belong to the apprentice engine room technician - he would appreciate it. By the way you forgot to put the dinghy on the yacht.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

On 5/20/2019 at 4:24 AM, KeithAug said:

I think you must be mistaken Patrick. Anyone with the lack of taste required to own Genesis (or much modern art for that matter) would find it hard to appreciate a gaff rigged yacht. I think it must belong to the apprentice engine room technician - he would appreciate it. By the way you forgot to put the dinghy on the yacht.

Hi Keith - I was actually thinking what your reaction would be when I was doing the gaff-rigged boat.  I’m glad to say that you reacted exactly the way I thought you would.  Hehehe.... Seriously though, I’m glad you liked it and thanks for your comments.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:32 AM, DBorgens said:

Patrick, truly amazing!

Now, how about wine glasses on the coffee table?

Dave B

Hi Dave. Wine glasses?  Mmmm...now that’s another task to add to the list!

On 5/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, cog said:

... work for tiny wages? If so where can I get one

Hi Carl Wages? What wages?  Surely the privelige of working in a such a classy mega-yacht would be enough😏

On 5/19/2019 at 5:18 AM, CaptainSteve said:

You'll be needing a tiny, tiny vacuum cleaner next, Patrick.

(Or a tiny, French maid)

:cheers:

Mmmmm. A French maid, you say.  Now you got me thinking...!

Edited by Omega1234

Uh-oh... wine, French maid?   Methinks there's going to be trouble afoot.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Hi folks.  

A quick update on Genesis’ voyage to completion.  

I’ve been thinking lately that Genesis‘ interior accommodation has been lacking a bit of greenery.  Therefore, I added a few pot plants to her main saloon as well as her sky-deck.  Oh...and just in case you were wondering, the  plants are actually bits of our kitchen scouring pads which I tore off and glued in place.  Mmmm, not bad, I reckon.  

I hope you enjoy Genesis’ new greenery.

Cheers 

Patrick

AA9AA86A-3864-4278-8ABC-0B5BB0F766FE.jpeg

1869226D-5D32-4EAA-AC48-C9CD7562A889.jpeg

517FC6BE-05CF-4365-B181-92A5ABCF6979.jpeg

CB1D1BC3-0DB7-4D35-9AE0-E7831BE65FE8.jpeg

303F1FAE-202F-4495-9F65-515FFB005F35.jpeg

CADE9A1A-C3E9-4356-B384-F5138E8A4F9B.jpeg

1F005B57-343E-4745-846C-CD28D18BD6F9.jpeg

72A50E01-D0DD-46BB-A7B5-66B4B5309EF8.jpeg

C9DC7B35-08AD-4A69-BEE4-0F18379B7C8F.jpeg

Awesome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

I do believe that Genesis will need it's own gardener aboard.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

fantastic additions Patrick :)   I knew it!.........the yacht must be owned by the Knights of Ni ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

fantastic additions Patrick :)   I knew it!.........the yacht must be owned by the Knights of Ni ;) 

Thanks Denis 

I googled ‘Knights of Ni’. Put a smile on my face, that’s for sure. Good memories. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

Very nice Patrick. I do not think I ve ever seen plants added to a model boat! Genesis feels a very nice place to be. Lovely work.

He he, Knights of Ni...😂

30 minutes ago, vaddoc said:

Very nice Patrick. I do not think I ve ever seen plants added to a model boat! Genesis feels a very nice place to be. Lovely work.

He he, Knights of Ni...😂

Hi Vaddoc

Thanks indeed.  I was actually surprised how realistic the ‘plants’ looked.  Who’d have thought that tearing off bits of a kitchen scourer could look so good!

Thanks for the compliments.

Cheers. 

patrick