Jump to content
Omega1234

Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

To the King of Itty Bitty scale:

The sleek yacht is beautiful. Excellent workmanship. Her lines are very pleasing to the eye. 

Marcus 

Hi Marcus.  Many thanks.  Yep, I gotta agt7with you - those sensuous curves, are certainly a standout feature of this design.  

4 hours ago, DBorgens said:

Sweet! So when is the launch and maiden voyage?

Dave B

Hi Dave.  Great to hear from you again!  The launch and festivities aren’t too far away; that is, as long as there aren’t any major boo boos along the way....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks!

 

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments.

 

A quick update for you on Genesis. Last night, I painted the first coat of matt red paint below the waterline. The painting of the rest of the hull and superstructure is still progressing, but will require several more applications of wet and dry sandpaper and  paint, before I’m satisfied with it. 

 

Have a great week.

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

9BA0707F-9A89-4A40-A161-6C70D19614ED.jpeg

B50F620A-542A-4159-8A7F-D5E3A4226722.jpeg

2E0A24DC-CF03-4D38-B5CF-D3CF579D0944.jpeg

A18EB0CD-6F21-452A-8CC5-EB538600C3B3.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Pretty darn amazing Patrick. But I still think the designer was on drugs.

Hi Keith

 

That’s gotta take the ‘Comment of the Year’ Award!!  Loved it. 

 

Put a smile on my face; that’s for sure. 

 

Cheers. 

 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick,

 

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Patrick,

 

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

Hi John

 

Thanks for your comments, especially about the scrap piece of wood!  All jokes aside, that’s one of the things that’s always amazed me about our hobby.  

 

We start with just raw materials, but end up with something very different. A thing of beauty, of character and in most cases, soul...much like your wonderful Maori canoe model. 

 

Thanks again and have a great week. 

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

 

 

Edited by Omega1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive marina you have there; thought of using them as props in the next 'Bond' film?  On second thoughts, better not do that, they have a habit of blowing their toys to pieces.

 

cheers

 

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Patrick

I must apologize for not visiting your build log for some time now. Been a rather busy late fall and winter here so far. Ended up with a very bad case of the flue, seams that I gave it to my Admiral, boy oy boy two sickles at the same time, no fun at all.  Just starting to feel like living a bit as this drained the good right out of us.  Got into a minor fender bender with our 2007 Dodge Calibur, our insurance rented us a Santa Fe that my Admiral fell in love with so we, in turn, bought it. She gave the Caliber to our Grand Son as it had only 110,000 kg on it almost like new. Been able to work a bit om my Oliver Cromwell build but very slow at that, enough of my sad story!!!

You never fail to amaze me on just how you can get so very much fine detail into your very tiny little ships and here I can not even come close to you on my much larger ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Just love your Fleet shots, if one took away those giants hands I would be inclined to think that they are the real Mac-Koy because of all the detail, keep up the great work,                                                                                        ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                          Regards   Lawrence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 3:08 AM, KeithAug said:

Nice little fleet developing Patrick. 

Thanks Keith!  It’s a tiny fleet, but at least it puts a smile on my face when I look back on the models, (as I’m sure all of us modellers do from time to time).

On 2/17/2019 at 3:29 AM, BenF89 said:

Wow, you must have made a trip to Monaco! That’s quite the collection of super yachts!

 

looking great; it’s fun to see them all together.

Hi Ben - great to hear from you!  I’m still very grateful for all of your help with Genesis.  Couldn’t have done it without ya!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, BANYAN said:

Impressive marina you have there; thought of using them as props in the next 'Bond' film?  On second thoughts, better not do that, they have a habit of blowing their toys to pieces.

 

cheers

 

Pat

 Hi Pat- Mmmm, there’s good money to be paid as movie props, but....kaboom...ouch!

On 2/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, cog said:

You are getting better, and better at it, Patrick. Each ship shows your progress

Thanks Carl - ‘practice makes perfect’, as they say!

On 2/18/2019 at 12:08 AM, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

I must apologize for not visiting your build log for some time now. Been a rather busy late fall and winter here so far. Ended up with a very bad case of the flue, seams that I gave it to my Admiral, boy oy boy two sickles at the same time, no fun at all.  Just starting to feel like living a bit as this drained the good right out of us.  Got into a minor fender bender with our 2007 Dodge Calibur, our insurance rented us a Santa Fe that my Admiral fell in love with so we, in turn, bought it. She gave the Caliber to our Grand Son as it had only 110,000 kg on it almost like new. Been able to work a bit om my Oliver Cromwell build but very slow at that, enough of my sad story!!!

You never fail to amaze me on just how you can get so very much fine detail into your very tiny little ships and here I can not even come close to you on my much larger ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Just love your Fleet shots, if one took away those giants hands I would be inclined to think that they are the real Mac-Koy because of all the detail, keep up the great work,                                                                                        ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                          Regards   Lawrence

Hi Lawrence - no problems and no need to apologise.  I’m glad to hear that you and your Admiral have overcome the flu.  That wouldn’t have been very pleasant.  The Santa Fe is a really nice SUV (I’m assuming that it’s the same as the Hyundai Santa Fe’s that we have here in Australia, though).

Happy driving!

 

Cheers and thanks for all of your Likes and comments.

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rwiederrich said:

What a fine miniature collection Patrick...and with finished interiors to boot....man.

 

What skill to create such tiny nautical wonders....well done.

 

Rob

 

Hi Rob

 

Many thanks for the compliments!  Much appreciated. 

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks.

 

Well...Genesis’ owner has ordered her back to the paint-shop on numerous occasions over the past few weeks. The result is that her hull and superstructure has been sanded, patched and painted umpteen times. Her internal cabins has had Matt varnish applied to protect the appropriate areas inside.

 

Still lots of touching up to go, before her owner will be happy, though.

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

B940F2F3-BD40-4429-B890-543CE044B866.jpeg

E4C85569-05C9-427A-826D-A1DDC5E15A7A.jpeg

059ED2D5-2A51-4853-A853-01DF8D06EED3.jpeg

E7B30C68-DFD9-4EAF-8CD3-04114085163E.jpeg

625E947D-1CA9-4DB6-AA7B-9BB5571D806E.jpeg

F6FD3F94-682A-43AE-97D1-90C6FFFD7CC7.jpeg

D3B88C99-3D84-43C1-9EE0-34763C48A958.jpeg

131AC097-F304-4700-A4D7-9C6238A53E53.jpeg

343FA2CE-CA80-4839-BD5E-EC7A21FF953E.jpeg

CCF1C2E7-49C2-44E2-A3D6-A445EF1B335A.jpeg

B18AEB78-CBBD-4122-98C3-B052EE63FEBC.jpeg

477D943F-403C-4635-8206-5262EFEFAD8A.jpeg

C0AD72F6-08C5-4401-AC19-BD9D95E80D39.jpeg

D2013A5F-0DE1-4CFE-9BBE-F3C426929C0C.jpeg

DA69AFC7-BE1C-47C6-8E3D-B14D3A42C680.jpeg

2C554D07-EBB9-4F70-ADAA-433A60B20F43.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeithAug said:

Excellent Patrick - so is it back to boats now you have finished your intergalactic space cruiser?

Thanks Keith - I think you’re right.  These space cruisers are definitely out of my comfort zone.  There was a time when I used to only build wooden yachts, eg HMS Victory, Lennox, Pandora, etc.....

41 minutes ago, BANYAN said:

I think the owner will be very pleased with the product ;)

 

cheers

 

Pat

 

Thanks Pat - I hope so.  I reckon the quality of the painting and finishing is getting close to what i’m Aiming for (damn those close up photos under harsh lighting -they show up every imperfection and speck of dust).  

 

Note to self - For all future models - Finish the painting BEFORE adding the details.  Much easier😏!

 

Have a great week.

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 1:22 AM, KeithAug said:

Pretty darn amazing Patrick. But I still think the designer was on drugs.

Nah he was working under a serious deadline and had broken his coke bottle glasses and was working without them...it was all a bit blurry.

 

Patrick, the photos of all the interior detail in the group pictures shows how amazing this model is, your attention to the tiny details has really brought the odd vessel to life.  well done indeed!

 

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, michael mott said:

Nah he was working under a serious deadline and had broken his coke bottle glasses and was working without them...it was all a bit blurry.

 

Patrick, the photos of all the interior detail in the group pictures shows how amazing this model is, your attention to the tiny details has really brought the odd vessel to life.  well done indeed!

 

Michael

Hi Michael

 

Many thanks - You may be right about the ‘coke bottle’ glasses, because this is a design that challenges one’s perception of what is considered normal, or beautiful.  But, therein lies the charm for me.  As soon as I saw her photos, I just knew that I had to build her!

 

Have a great week.

 

Cheers

 

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About us

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research

SSL Secured

Your security is important for us so this Website is SSL-Secured

NRG Mailing Address

Nautical Research Guild
237 South Lincoln Street
Westmont IL, 60559-1917

About the NRG

If you enjoy building ship models that are historically accurate as well as beautiful, then The Nautical Research Guild (NRG) is just right for you.

The Guild is a non-profit educational organization whose mission is to provide support to our members in their efforts to raise the quality of their model shipcraft.

The Nautical Research Guild puts on ship modeling seminars, yearly conferences, and juried competitions. We publish books on ship modeling techniques as well as our world-renowned quarterly magazine, The Nautical Research Journal, whose pages are full of articles by master ship modelers who show you how they build those exquisite details on their models, and by maritime historians who show you what details to build.

Our Emblem

Modelshipworld - Advancing Ship Modeling through Research
×
×
  • Create New...