King George V by kpnuts (title edited by moderator) - Tamiya - 1/350

They're on tinypic.com, Carl.  I've not had a problem seeing them so... <shrugs>  Try pinging it and see if the site responds as there might be some "restriction" somewhere.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I can see All the pics now:dancetl6:   I remember your warspite dio well,   what an imaginary pice of art it is.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

back in the day......minor issues like blocked doors would never be noticed.   now that PE is being use to enhance certain aspects,  it seems to bring these  problems to light.   but if there is enough extra detail......it could quite possibly hide it ;)   yea....that's some stand you got there......did someone say drydock?!?!?! :rolleyes:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi all well this will probably be my last update before we get back from our hols we will be packing tomorrow night.
Got to say I'm really looking forward to a week in the sun doing nothing at all with a drink in my hand and my every whim catered for.
fnvjsx.jpg
6r832v.jpg
2uz4ivo.jpg
350l85c.jpg
6ofqsl.jpg
I'm thinking of drilling out all the portholes (I say thinking as there are a lot of them)

look'in really nice.........have a good trip  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all the pe really does make a big difference, I'm still not great at it but even with my ham fisted efforts I still think it looks better (of course if I painted it it would help to hide my errors) I still like the improvements though.
The first 2 pics are how the parts would be oob that is the completed part.
snorau.jpg
2bpe88.jpg
And this is with the added pe
s2utjo.jpg
21dizr6.jpg
And here it is in place
2zzucfn.jpg
5agniw.jpg
2ik37ty.jpg
That part is only 10mm so is really small.

the structure looks really good.........PE adds quite a bit !    super job!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi all well to say I'm disappointed with eduard pe is an understatement I've removed the plastic from the deck that the eduard instructions tell you to so how do I put the box when folded in the first two pics over the larger box.

1zelgcm.jpg

14luj2h.jpg

There are several more folded boxes so I assume I will have the same problem with them, that is problem one with the eduard set number two the instructions show 2 part 30 and there are indeed two boxes on the deck which need those parts here is what eduard supply

2113yp0.jpg

As you can see only 1 part 30 and of course as I've already mentioned earlier in the build there are no where near enough scuttles supplied.

Number 3 their numbering on the frets has no logic at all number 84 being next to number 172 171 being next to 80 takes longer to find the part than it takes to atattch it.

Number 4 the folding instructions are pretty much non existent. 

I've not had a lot of experience with pe but considering eduard are up there with the priceyest. I have to say it's the worst I've used so far. I think I will stick with mk1 and pontos from now on.

My experience with Eduard PE isn't all rosy. It doesn't cover all the possibilities, isn't always as easy to handle as e.g. Pontos or FlyHawk. Furthermore, price doesn't always tell the quality ... It doesn't mean PE is always hard to deal with. Unfortunately I can't comment on your pictures, since I still seem to be unable to get them on screen - firewall for the Dutch ???

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

do you order direct from the company,  or do you go through a favorite modeling site?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi all here is an example of the eduard instructions.

The circle shows pe to be added to the top of the boxes (anything to be removed is highlighted in red) as you can see from the pencil arrow and as you can see from the fret it's not even the right shape the boxes as modelled by Tamiya (who I'm inclined to believe above eduard) are oblong eduard model them square. I'm using the eduard pe as I bought it but judging by what I've seen so far I don't trust eduard, Tamiya on the other hand are a well respected model producer with years of experience behind them. This is definitely the very last eduard pe I will buy. What annoys me most is they are supposed to be a premium pe producer as I've now discovered paying premium prices with pe dosnt mean you get premium products. 

I've not had much experience with pe but the cheapest I've bought so far is the mk1 pe and it blows eduard out the water.

Someone said they do great aircraft pe (the best available, well I say to eduard stick to aircraft, I don't build aircraft so not a product I'm ever likely to buy)

fupcag.jpg

10oirfp.jpg

2h4gqvr.jpg

2w5uhj4.jpg

doucev.jpg

2cepzxg.jpg

the two tone gray looks cool :)     I'm not a PE expert either.........I've been looking at other manufacturers

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I build their Fokker Dr1 1/72 stripdown which was not an easy build but the PE was good on it. Got PE from them for Musashi, still have it, but not on Musashi as meant to be. Used it for all sort of "additional efforts"

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

nicely done on the guns   :) 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Here are the kit supplied pompoms
Which to be fair are pretty good
Stupidly I used the eduard ones to be fair they are amazing trouble is I have to now make 7 more of them.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the "Eduard improved" ones. To me you are doing the right thing. The shields behind the seats on the kit supplied ones are quite rough and heavy. I prefere the unbearable lightness of brass the detail up gives ... You want amazing trouble ... try the tripple AA guns on Yamato (RGL's build) or Musashi (my build) from either Pontos or Fly Hawk ... in fact any of the AA type guns on those builds are great fun

Looking good KP

Edited by cog

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very nice progress .........the guns look super  ;) 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

any progress is good progress.........looking quite good.  the ship's boats are neat!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm late to the build but I'm glad I found it! It continues to amaze me the vast improvement photo etch parts are bringing to models and especially models of such small scales. Awesome work! I'll be sure to stay glued to my seat and watch the rest come together!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all loads still to add to this part, slow going but I do feel I'm getting there

2urtj52.jpg

bdl4rr.jpg

2vlo65l.jpg

dpblsj.jpg

I will admit due to my abysmally poor modelling skills I've missed some pe out, as a bit of fun can you spot out the bits I've missed out.

I think PE is pretty much beyond my ability now so I can't see me buying any more.