Hi, Eugene. Though this type of model does not appeal to me personally, I do appreciate that MK is willing to do something a little novel and different. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with next!

Cheers,

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Greenstone,
Congratulations to Master Korabel for designing something other than ships and more classic boats.
I love the professionalism of your kits, and I have already been able to mount several (I'm a fan of your kits, huh!)... This new submarine kit seems really designed.
However, I have a question: are there several versions of this prototype?

I think you know the other Russian kit of this submarine.
I have no doubt about the difference in quality with Master Korabel. But I can't understand the differences in props or editing between yours and the other one
(Here). 🤨

Thank you for explaining its history and the choice of these differences. I am really interested in this MK kit! 😀

Ekis

For a start In the Russian city of Sestroretsk, a replica to the first submarine was built many years ago. 

This is a fantasy replica. But this design is very popular and has become famous. 
Unfortunately, not a single archival drawing has been preserved.

There is only a list of materials that were used to build the boat in 1721737120037_____________I__..thumb.jpg.8e8fe503e6bf9698e4e4f4dc4f0ad11f.jpg

One сhinese manufacturer released kit this one-to-one replica.

You gave a link on the manufacturer (WoodenKit) - is a pirate, Is Banned Kit Manufacturers on MSW - Pirated KITS Prohibited and he proved this high title by copying the Chinese (!!!!) kit of this replica

Sorry, I will not describe someone else's kit.

I will say that the our design is completely different (single skin, iron hoops, interior decoration, four oars and fire pipes),

a different material (pear or alder as optional),

a different assembly (faster and easier, conductor for bending), 

a different scale (real scale of the relative prototype). 

The differences are big. 

Please, watch a video of the assembly of our kit. You will see everything in detail.  

The main - the Nikonov`s secret vessel  had no spear (lance) in front, no ropes. This is a fiction.

Historical documents in the archive showed that in reality several fire pipes were installed in 1724.

Nikonov planned to approach the enemy ship and burn it. 

We showed this on our model.

The fact is that we developed the 'Secret vessel' back in December 2016, we announced it on the market in Russia.

But we did not immediately release. We planned in 2017 to make a series of the first submarines..
However,  WoodenKit saw our idea and was ahead of us. They made it based the chinese kit 'secret vessel', copied it in many details. 

Therefore, put on sale faster than we....

An analog appeared on the market and we did not begin to produce this our kit.

But now we decided to finish the job we started and released this kit two years later!

P.S. After this unpleasant story, our company has stopped making announcements of small projects that could be stolen and released ahead of us.

Edited by greenstone

Woodenkit is the worst.  They have no original products at all.  They even pirated from me.  I have contacted them many times and received very nasty profane responses.  They were horrible people and still copy stuff to this day.  They even use my photos on their site to sell the designs they stole from me at syren.

34 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Woodenkit is the worst.  They have no original products at all.  They even pirated from me.  I have contacted them many times and received very nasty profane responses.  They were horrible people and still copy stuff to this day.  They even use my photos on their site to sell the designs they stole from me at syren.

I expect they'll be welcome with open arms at another site.

Hi Greenstone,
Thank you very much for your explanation on this submarine! It's really interesting to know the truth about a model.
I would not go back on the other Russian thing either, except to say that the photos are fake and stolen and the kits of very poor quality (personal experience without knowing these people). Don't buy these things, even at low cost...

I really hope that Master Korabel will continue to design and market this kind of very original models. With the quality of your kits, I am sure that you will always have great success all over the world.

In any case, I do everything necessary so that you are known and recognized in French-speaking countries! 😁

Edited by Ekis

20 hours ago, Roger Pellett said:

Did the real thing, built in 1721 actually work?

Roger

Passed the test.
Three times plunged under water and three times surfaced.

The third time a leak appeared in the vessel.

They decided to upgrade and do better.

But the next time the vessel hit the bottom during testing and had to save the first submariners ..

Eugen

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen, with great pleasure I want to show a new model! 

The model was built by Yura Kimborovich according only to our drawings by "MasterKorabel"

Drawings we prepared on the basis of archival information of the 1840s. to develop a new kit.

This is a 20-oar 42-foot longboat #1 of the 120-gun battleship “Twelve Apostles” - the flagship of Admiral Lazarev of the Black Sea Fleet.

Date: 1841 -1855

Sailing: the Plymouth bot.
Art.: one 24-pound carronade. 80 shots.
Crew: Midshipman, 160 marines and 22 sailors.

Soon we will release this kit on sale. 

art. 0304

Scale 1: 48

length - 498.5 mm,
width - 80 mm,
height - 350 mm

P.S. The model was built during the development of the new kit, so the final version of the kit will naturally differ slightly from this model.

_005.jpg

_011.jpg

_029.jpg

_033.jpg

_040.jpg

_063.jpg

_068.jpg

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7876.JPG

IMG_7877.JPG

IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

IMG_7893.JPG

IMG_7894.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7897.JPG

IMG_7899.JPG

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7906.JPG

IMG_7918.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_7924.JPG

IMG_7926.JPG

IMG_7927.JPG

копияIMG_7872.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ages of Sail is now carrying the range of Master Korabel kits. Though, for now, the Brig Phoenix and Schooner Polotsk are available only in the higher-end "Plus Edition", and the Tender Avos is only available in the high-end "Special Edition" version with the pear wood planking. 

Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these lovely kits!

Clare

Clare Hess

He's a -> "HE"

• 2 weeks later...