HMS Victory by GrandpaPhil - Mantua - Scale 1:98 Kit-Bash

I thank everyone for your support. 

I apologize, but the Victory is starting to aggravate me again. 

I'm going to take a step back and build a schooner.  I have started a build log for the schooner Hannah from the mid-1760s over in the scratch build section.

The last time I did this, my progress on Victory increased exponentially after I finished my side project.

Sad that you stop the Victory. Think I have to do my own build blog. But I can understand you I haved stop the build since 1975 more and more times and now I hope to beginn again with the Victory because I was in Portsmouth last Year and see that wonderfull ship in 1:1 scale. Hope you put it not so far away from the Table.

Dieter 

15 hours ago, GrandpaPhil said:

I thank everyone for your support. 

I apologize, but the Victory is starting to aggravate me again. 

I'm going to take a step back and build a schooner.  I have started a build log for the schooner Hannah from the mid-1760s over in the scratch build section.

The last time I did this, my progress on Victory increased exponentially after I finished my side project.

I can totally relate to your experience. Sometimes it's better to step back and revisit the ship later with fresh ideas when inspiration strikes again. Sad to see a pause to your build but I will jump across and follow your new build too 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I get done with Hannah, I really need to add scuppers.  I just realized that I forgot them on this model, which is not okay, given the amount of detail that I have attempted (and succeeded with) so far.

I added them to the Prince de Neufchatel and the Hannah, but not this one.  

Considering the Victory will be the flagship of my collection until I build something better, I owe it to myself to put forth maximum effort and exert maximum skill on this.

• 1 month later...