USS Confederacy 1778 by CRI-CRI - FINISHED - Model Shipways - scale 1/64

Welcome to the Confederacy Clan. You are doing very well. Started mine 8/9/16.

Getting ready to paint the inside of the bulwarks.

Regards, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Hi Christian, Nice to sée u here .....

U should do what u 're thinking on .

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Hi,

The "Checkerboard" floor in Great Cabin is noticed as optional (page 78 into instruction manual) : what's about historic reality of that ? Was it really present as a wooden floor, or only as less expensive painted overground coat ?

How could be installed the last cannon at war ?

Thanks

Regards

Christian

Greetings CRI, have been admiring your work on the Confederacy. I'm just a few steps ahead of you on mine.

It may be camera angle or my old eyes but it appears that your sheer line sweeps up to the top of the

stern frames. 

You may want to check that alignment against the plans to see if further construction of the stern and galleries will

line up.

Regards, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Salut,

J'ai terminé les corrections de hauteur des pavois, préceintes et sabords de la batterie haute de l'arrière, 
et je lui trouve ainsi un aspect plus élancé malgré la faible diminution de hauteur

J'en ai profité pour affiner au reste le haut des allonges, opération difficile avant le démontage

Conjointement, continuation du lattage de la batterie principale, où j'arrive symétriquement au contact
des bordures (quelle chance !)

Amitiés,

Christian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Corrections height of bulwarks, gunports and upper wales back side of Confederacy finished, it gives her a best look

At the same time, planking first gun desk has progressed, symetricaly with each merge (I'am a lucky fellow... !) 

Regards

Christian  

Tonture 2.jpg

Tonture 1.jpg

Hi,

What do you think about this floor project fot great cabin ? 

No circular saw, my project can be realised with cutter, even with laser print photo paper, like an ancient painted canvas 

The checkerred template of the kit don't agree to me : it makes some low cost kitchen effect at my taste...  :D 

Others ideas ?

Regards

Christian

Parquet 3.jpg

Parquet 1.jpg

Parquet 2.jpg

Hi,

Final choice is between three versions (look at the joined pics)

I have actually any preference...

3rd version is seems "english fashion" else the two others, but probably less visible under numerous desk accessories

Regards,

Christian

Parquet 6.jpg

Parquet 7.jpg

Parquet 10.jpg

Hello Christian. I very much enjoy following your build. You do excellent work! 

My choice would be the second photo in the post above. It is an interesting design, and the more muted colors seem to work well. 

Regards, 

Archie