HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - FINISHED - Showcase Models -1/350 - PLASTIC

16 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

thanks gents........and thanks for the likes.   I'm generally fairly mild........frustration goes with getting the part in the right place.......then I'm all smiles  ;)   if I recall,  I've thrown in the towel on one model,  through my entire model building life.   it was a Russian model - ICM....a Bomber.  to laughable to even consider assembling.   I have considered buying another one.......just can't live with the defeat........dunno,  maybe some day  ;) 

so far,  I haven't lost any parts.......ruined a few bits of PE,  but I have the hood PE to fall back onto ;)   we're in for our first heat wave.......I've made it through the first day.......hope I don't turn into a bowl of mush by the end of the work week!

I'm OK Carl.......did you catch my humor?

Where did you drop it mate.......?

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

19 hours ago, CDW said:

The "r" is silent.

That's about all that's silent! At least  when I do it.:piratetongueor4:^_^

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Wow, 4 pages backlogged of reading to catch up with youns.  Carl is finished his superb looking model, congrats Carl, she's looking really splendid and now we're waiting for Denis to complete his model.  Nice going Denis, parts and pieces going together and placed on the hull, great progress.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

9 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'm OK Carl.......did you catch my humor?

Didn't know you had any ... you're from Manchester right ...

7 hours ago, Piet said:

Wow, 4 pages backlogged of reading to catch up with youns.  Carl is finished his superb looking model, congrats Carl, she's looking really splendid and now we're waiting for Denis to complete his model.  Nice going Denis, parts and pieces going together and placed on the hull, great progress.

Cheers,

Tardiness comes with age, you are forgiven ... Thanks for the thumbs up. Aren't we always waiting for Denis to finish his builds ... there seem to be always one more thing to add ... and another ...

4 hours ago, RGL said:

Once it’s all prepared it comes  togeather very quickly, it’s a very small kit and the others are doing a great job. 

The master has spoken, gents, it seems there are more building this kit ... show me ...pretty please ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

one more day working in this heat! 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

yesterday was a bust for me........between the heat and the mowing,  I just couldn't get it together.   I did manage to assemble more of the main mast though,  and began the paint work on the life rafts.   I  started to fiddle around with it this morning........before I knew it,  it's well into the afternoon.   first,  there was the platform that has a life raft on it.   it was assembled with the legs,  and given a PE girder look on the sides.

5b3e8e59d62e7_1.jpg.20a48dbbc5513623270269ed4306aec2.jpg

the spot light was finished and painted,  later to be cemented in place on the platform.

5b3e8ea5d97eb_2.jpg.706dacfac9bf33e3ca486bb4533e0e2d.jpg

the mast has the yards on it now.......it too was painted.

5b3e8ec846b1a_3.jpg.da5d5b08f13a3f0ea59b304a93f6b98a.jpg

The HMAS Vendetta had a different pendant number during this time in her career.....I69.  the decaling was next.

5b3e8f4698134_4.jpg.45c4a6d777de0bc7535abfcf6e2bff00.jpg

she was with the 7th Flotilla,  and she wore two white stripes on her aft funnel.  I had some decals that I had cut in half,  lengthwise,  to do them in....some stripes that were to go on that P 47 I had on the desk......but I found that they were micro cracked.   guess it's good i found out now.......when I build the Heinkel HE 111 bomber that accompanied the Thunderbolt,  I will know to spray the decal sheet with decal bonder. ;)  I was going to go through my other decals,  but I decided to simply paint them on.  I did them freehand........not too bad,  but there's room for improvement.

5b3eb4ab23599_5.jpg.bfd8a0563270755a0871204e71ed97fa.jpg

5b3eb4bc5d0fb_6.jpg.a9aa2673eb87a8417da21fc67ec3a37f.jpg

to get more parts on the model,  the aft guns were cemented in place.  in between the bits and pieces,  other parts were being painted and prepped.

5b3eb53b16f98_7.jpg.fc3e21453aac1798509c99546aacb12e.jpg

the life raft platform was painted and cemented in place.   the life rafts were painted,  and they also were cemented in place........I found a place for all but one,  but I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere.   the spotlight platform was also cemented in place.......so ws a ladder that leads to the machine gun platform.   I've done no touch ups yet........

5b3eb70f63fd9_8.jpg.99f87ffe5115e5526103addfb00e70d1.jpg

5b3eb71991fe6_9.jpg.b6ad10ede1c209099349b5092327374a.jpg

5b3eb72c0dc96_10.jpg.d1d1df4520716089463eb9bdf72de7e6.jpg

I neglected to take a picture of the port side........there's a life raft in the same places on that side too.   I'll likely concentrate on the bow for the next session ;) 

thanks for look'in in  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

She is coming along nicely mate.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks OC  :)    thanks Jack for the like ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

16 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

thanks Jack for the like ;) 

You're welcome! I'm taking lots of notes, Denis, go see what I received today ! ;)  

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

the life raft platform was painted and cemented in place.   the life rafts were painted,  and they also were cemented in place........I found a place for all but one,  but I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere

I have one against the forward bulkhead of the rear gun platform, as good a place as any. You are making nice progress, getting used to 1/350 scale ...

Carl

thanks all....and thanks for the additional likes!  :)   once I touch up what I've done,  I can add more.  too bad I can't use more of the life boats......I have chocks from the Hood PE.  but I will do the two,  and that will be it.

I looked at what you received Jack.......impressive line up ;)   I looked up the John W Brown.......interesting.......a converted merchant ship,  to a liberty ship.  her rigging should be some very cool detail.

thanks Carl.......I'll put the last one there :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, She was built in Baltimore MD and is named after a labor leader - see http://www.liberty-ship.com/#home

She's now berthed in Baltimore Inner Harbor  - just a "short jaunt" for you up there in New Hampshire :D;)

Great progress Denis.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

thanks Piet.......can't wait to see all those cranes rigged Jack :)    

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

7 minutes ago, RGL said:

You get to tease Cog for free. 

Wrong!!!!!!!

you gotta buy a kit an' update set :P 

(vely expsive, don't join! teasing plohibited)

Edited by cog

Carl