HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - Showcase Models -1/350 - Plastic

6 hours ago, mtaylor said:

it's possible that the dog is part of the cat's staff

I think the cat is probably smarter than the dog and keeps playing him as a sucker then sits back and gets a good laugh. It is kind of becoming my favorite indoor pastime watching to see what trick the cat is going to play on him. Kind of like The Three Stooges he keeps coming back for more! They are a riot. You could be right though the dog may just be another squeaky toy as far as she is concerned.

2 hours ago, cog said:

Story of your life ...?

More like the story of their life.

this is what happens when I don't check in ?!?!?!  :D    I'll have to do a video of what happens when I'm on the floor looking for lost parts.   Gibbs comes over and it turns into a love fest  ;)    I have to shield where I think the part is,  so it doesn't get caught up in his paws.  it's so comical!   thanks for the kind word all........and thanks for all the likes  :)   two days are done........two more to go.......another exhausting week to be sure.  in spite of what happened, getting the railings on wasn't too bad.......it could have been worse.  I need to better control the CA,  so I don't get the smears.  now I need to paint them.......that will be a task in itself  ;) 

thanks again everyone!

26 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

this is what happens when I don't check in ?!?!?!  :D    I'll have to do a video of what happens when I'm on the floor looking for lost parts.   Gibbs comes over and it turns into a love fest  ;)    I have to shield where I think the part is,  so it doesn't get caught up in his paws.  it's so comical!   thanks for the kind word all........and thanks for all the likes  :)   two days are done........two more to go.......another exhausting week to be sure.  in spite of what happened, getting the railings on wasn't too bad.......it could have been worse.  I need to better control the CA,  so I don't get the smears.  now I need to paint them.......that will be a task in itself  ;) 

thanks again everyone!

I use a small round (pointy) stick to admisnister ca - I make a puddle of it in an lid, then just dab the end of the stick in it then dab it on where I want it, this way I can control how much glue goes were I want it.

OC.

Never tried it myself, but I have heard of builders using sewing needles for applying CA. Apparently they cut the end off midway through the eye. That acts like an old ink pen, then dipping it in a puddle like O.C. mentioned. They say after it gets all gummed up you can burn the excess off the needle with a lighter or candle.

Sam

4 hours ago, src said:

Never tried it myself, but I have heard of builders using sewing needles for applying CA. Apparently they cut the end off midway through the eye. That acts like an old ink pen, then dipping it in a puddle like O.C. mentioned. They say after it gets all gummed up you can burn the excess off the needle with a lighter or candle.

Sam

That's what I use. The only problem is the "halfeye" fills up quite quickly so you need to burn it out with a lighter, but it works rather well

2 hours ago, RGL said:

I use acupuncture needles, packet of 100 for about $5 

That explains your calm demeanor

Just now, RGL said:

they are also good for poking fun at the Dutch

If only you could only reach them from downunder ...

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I think Danny uses the broken needle method too...........I also have plenty of toothpicks  ;)    thanks for the ideas everyone  ;) 

one more day..........one more day.........one more day........{I keep telling myself that}

how often ...?